Author Topic: Super PAC backing Ron DeSantis picks up disillusioned Koch network staffers  (Read 294 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Super PAC backing Ron DeSantis picks up disillusioned Koch network staffers

A top New Hampshire political operative who worked for Americans for Prosperity's political arm and was upset with the group's endorsement of Nikki Haley is joining a super PAC supporting Ron DeSantis.

Chris Maidment is the latest staffer with AFP — a branch of the powerful Koch network — to leave and join the DeSantis effort after it decided to back Haley, the former governor of South Carolina, last week. He will be Never Back Down's New Hampshire political director.

AFP's decision to endorse Haley confounded many longtime Koch-world operatives, who view her not only as someone with little chance to win the Republican presidential nomination but also as someone who is out of step with many of their beliefs — particularly because of her interventionist foreign policy instincts.

Maidment, who had been a director of grassroots operations in New Hampshire for AFP, spoke out on X after the endorsement that he opposed the group's decision and would not be helping it elect her. .............

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/ron-desantis-super-pac-never-back-down-americans-for-prosperity-koch-rcna128675
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And before Trumpland comes in and screams "see! I told you he was in bed with the Koch brothers!"

Let me remind y'all that AFP was one of the first, if not THE first, of the major conservative organizations to give backing to the Tea Party.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024