Author Topic: 'Home Alone' fans shocked by almost 250 percent increase in grocery prices since iconic shopping tri  (Read 576 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Home Alone' fans shocked by almost 250 percent increase in grocery prices since iconic shopping trip
Kevin McCallister's grocery list has gone from $19.83 in 1990 to $72.28 in 2023
 By Madeline Coggins Fox News
Published December 8, 2023 3:00am EST

After being left alone for the holidays, eight-year-old Kevin McCallister famously went grocery shopping in the 1990 classic "Home Alone," purchasing a large haul of food and everyday household items for under $20.

With today's prices, however, McCallister would need a lot more in his piggy bank and Americans are taking notice.

Items including a half gallon of milk, a half gallon of orange juice, a TV dinner, bread, frozen mac and cheese, laundry detergent, cling wrap, toilet paper, a pack of army men and dryer sheets cost the character, played by Macaulay Culkin, $19.83.

Kevin McCallister bought milk, juice, laundry detergent, frozen dinners and much more for under $20 in 1990's "Home Alone." (Screengrab/"FOX & Friends First")

Last year, the same grocery list cost $44.40, and this year, it costs a whopping $72.28 in 2023.

One West Virginia mother-of-two and small business owner joined "FOX & Friends First" Thursday with her reaction to rising costs.

"Different parts of the country are going to see different rates of inflation. And I know that some rates of inflation are normal across decades. But the inflation that we have felt in the grocery store has been just the same as every other American. And it is tough trying to pay for groceries week to week," Drifter Donuts owner Rochelle Chalmers said.

While there has been some cooling in prices since inflation's peak, prices are still pinching the wallets of everyday Americans and creating challenges for business owners.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/home-alone-fans-shocked-250-percent-increase-grocery-prices-iconic-shopping-trip
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

B-I-D-E-N-O-M-I-C-S
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Home Alone was also released 33 years ago.

The fact that, in our unpegged fiat system, the United States dollar loses half its purchasing power each generation should surprise almost no one.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

Home Alone was also released 33 years ago.

The fact that, in our unpegged fiat system, the United States dollar loses half its purchasing power each generation should surprise almost no one.

still, it's weird once you're old enough to see inter-generational results.

My kids throw Benjamins around like I used to throw twenties...