Author Topic: ‘One down’: UPenn reportedly asking president Liz Magill to step down Friday over outrage at antisem  (Read 648 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 ‘One down’: UPenn reportedly asking president Liz Magill to step down Friday over outrage at antisemitism testimony
By Social Links for Melissa Koenig
Published Dec. 8, 2023, 8:06 a.m. ET

The University of Pennsylvania is expected to ask its president, Liz Magill, to resign Friday over growing outrage at her failure to condemn calls for the genocide of the Jewish people — a move celebrated by billionaire hedge fund manager Bill Ackman, who said she would be “one down.”

The Ivy League school’s board of trustees held an emergency meeting Thursday to deal with the fallout from Magill’s disastrous congressional testimony Tuesday, which has already driven a Wall Street titan to try to claw back a $100 million donation and led to calls for her ouster.

Board chairman Scott Bok is expected to talk to Magill about resigning on Friday, a source familiar with the proceedings told CNN.

“One down,” wrote Ackman, one of the most outspoken critics of colleges failing to stop rising antisemitism.

“There is hope for UPenn,” he wrote while sharing the CNN report.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/12/08/news/upenn-reportedly-asking-president-liz-magill-to-step-down/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
But will the new boss be the same as the old boss..just a better liar. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Money talks; B.S. walks.

She won't be dismissed because Jewish students fear for their safety on campus.  She'll be dismissed for F'ing up the donations.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
But will the new boss be the same as the old boss..just a better liar.
Is calling for Jewish genocide allowed on campus? "It depends on the context."
The most mealy-mouthed answer ever.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I saw an interesting point this morning that the three prez's went to that hearing not understanding the game they were in.  They had been prepped by lawyers and NOT public relations crisis pros, so as to not incriminate themselves, instead of admitting that their institutions were eat up with anti-semitism.  Their smirking hubris didn't help them at all either.   
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Is calling for Jewish genocide allowed on campus? "It depends on the context."
The most mealy-mouthed answer ever.
She was struggling. She was looking for a way to say "YES", without actually saying Yes.
So she came up with this nonsense.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

The Ivy League school’s board of trustees held an emergency meeting Thursday to deal with the fallout from Magill’s disastrous congressional testimony Tuesday, which has already driven a Wall Street titan to try to claw back a $100 million donation and led to calls for her ouster.

So they're not doing it because what she said was wrong.  They're doing it because it might cost them money.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org