Author Topic: DC taco stand owner forced to spend $4K a week on private security amid crime surge  (Read 430 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MEDIA Published December 7, 2023 6:31pm EST
DC taco stand owner forced to spend $4K a week on private security amid crime surge

By Charles Creitz FOXBusiness

DC taco stand owner says he spends up to $4K a week on private security
Restaurateur Bo Blair tells FOX Business' Griff Jenkins on 'Varney & Co.' how DC's crime spike is affecting his bottom line.

Democratic-run cities dealing with raging violence and crime surges have left businessowners scrambling for solutions themselves, which in the case of one District of Columbia restaurateur is costing upwards of half a million dollars per year out-of-pocket.

Bo Blair, who owns the Surfside Taco Stand and several other establishments across Washington, told FOX Business he is spending $4,000 per week on private security as the District deals with spikes in carjackings, muggings, and other crimes.

"It's not sustainable," Blair told correspondent Griff Jenkins on Thursday as he stood outside his Dupont Circle taquería.

"Hopefully we can get through this crime crisis and we won't have to do that in the future. The total amount of money we spent on security for this year at all the locations was over $450,000," he said.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/dc-taco-stand-owner-forced-spend-4k-week-private-security-crime-surge
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Did he vote Democrat?
The Republic is lost.