Author Topic: The unbearable mediocrity of the Ivy League  (Read 242 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The unbearable mediocrity of the Ivy League
« on: December 08, 2023, 12:21:39 pm »
December 7, 2023
The unbearable mediocrity of the Ivy League
By Patricia McCarthy

“Without education, we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.”

―G.K. Chesterton

There is a YouTube video (begin at 56 sec.) making the rounds that brings together six people from various walks of life and education.  They range from a young high school graduate who is a Marine to a Ph.D.  They are interviewed briefly and asked to guess the I.Q. of the others and to guess where they themselves would fall on the I.Q. spectrum.  The woman with the Ph.D., of course, assumes she is the brightest.  They all assume that the Marine has the lowest I.Q.

This is not how it turns out.  The Ph.D. actually scores the lowest on the I.Q. test.

The point is that people with advanced degrees and prestigious positions in academia are not necessarily the smartest people in the room.  This was proven with some needed satisfaction on Tuesday, when the presidents of Harvard, Penn, and MIT testified at a hearing to address the massive pro-Hamas/anti-Israel protests on each of those campuses.  The protesters called for the extermination of Israel and the genocide of Jews.

Each of those three women has a very high opinion of herself; they assume that by virtue of their academic achievements, they are superior, thus smarter, than the rest of us.  Oh, and then there are the billions of dollars these schools receive from foreign entities of the Middle East variety.

“Highly educated = Highly indoctrinated”

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/12/the_unbearable_mediocrity_of_the_ivy_league.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson