Author Topic: Biden delays menthol cigarette ban after black leaders tell him it's racist  (Read 743 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden delays menthol cigarette ban after black leaders tell him it's racist
The date has been delayed once again and is now set for March 2024.

Katie Daviscourt
Seattle WA
Dec 6, 2023
Minute Read
ADVERTISEMENT
The Biden administration has delayed its ban on menthol cigarettes after strategists warned President Biden that it could negatively impact his support among black voters.

Leaders in the black community claim that the ban would foster an underground market and cause police to target black smokers in a disproportional manner, the Washington Post reports.

Since the black community has drastically dwindled its support for Biden over the past few years, the president's administration isn't taking any chances despite updated health guidance from the FDA and CDC.

https://thepostmillennial.com/biden-delays-menthol-cigarette-ban-after-black-leaders-tell-him-its-racist
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Isn't he also racist for not wanting to save them from cancer? :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who says politics can't get any more ridiculous ?

All the problems that America has to worry about,and these goobers are making an issue out of non-menthol cigarettes versus menthol cigarettes?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

And an audible sigh of relief wafts up from women in trailer parks all over the South and West.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And an audible sigh of relief wafts up from women in trailer parks all over the South and West.

80 to 98% of white women who smoke Newports are fond of brothers in the hood.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Who says politics can't get any more ridiculous ?

All the problems that America has to worry about,and these goobers are making an issue out of non-menthol cigarettes versus menthol cigarettes?

:yowsa:   I have to agree with you.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Thanks for that tid bit of information.  You just never know what you're going to learn in TBR. :shrug:

Just in case you wanted to increase your 'cigarette smoking' knowledge --  *****rollingeyes*****   ---

Indigenous peoples (American Indians/Alaska Natives) smoke commercial tobacco cigarettes at a rate of 27.1% and have the highest prevalence of cigarette smoking among all racial/ethnic groups in the U.S.Indigenous peoples (American Indians/Alaska Natives) smoke commercial tobacco cigarettes at a rate of 27.1% and have the highest prevalence of cigarette smoking among all racial/ethnic groups in the U.S.

Menthol tobacco products make up 39% of the overall cigarette market. Half of today's adult smokers started with a menthol brand as teenagers, with menthol cigarettes being most popular among Black Americans: 85% of Black adults who smoke use menthols.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Wouldn't know... but it seems to me that about two of every three redneck chicks that smoke, smoke menthols.
The ones that don't smoke Camels... or weed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wouldn't know... but it seems to me that about two of every three redneck chicks that smoke, smoke menthols.
The ones that don't smoke Camels... or weed.

@roamer_1

Or Camels AND weed,and then drink corn whiskey to clear their throats.

You ain't  partied until you have partied with a "good old girl".

Not  that  *I* would ever do such a thing,mind you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Or Camels AND weed,and then drink corn whiskey to clear their throats.

You ain't  partied until you have partied with a "good old girl".

Not  that  *I* would ever do such a thing,mind you.

You're preachin to the choir @sneakypete ... That's been my whole life.
Though I tended to avoid menthol gals... Unless they were waitresses. A redneck waitress gal is usually a cut above at handling me with back talk and sass. Always a plus.