Author Topic: US Sending Drones, Radars & Coastal Defenses to Philippines  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Sending Drones, Radars & Coastal Defenses to Philippines
« on: December 07, 2023, 06:19:29 pm »
US Sending Drones, Radars & Coastal Defenses to Philippines
Austin said talks were underway to move "priority defensive platforms" to the Philippines
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONUPDATED:14 HOURS AGOORIGINAL:DEC 6, 2023
by Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

A massively strengthened and expanded US diplomatic and military alliance with the Philippines introduces critical new deterrence variables in the Pacific for US and allied efforts to contain Chinese expansion in the South China Sea and possible annexation of Taiwan.

An interesting essay from Nova.news specifies that, following his visit to Manila earlier this year, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said talks were underway to move "priority defensive platforms" to the Philippines.

The US will send "radars, drones, military transport aircraft, and air and coastal defense systems," Nova.news states.

The US-Philippine alliance was cited recently by Deputy Defense Secretary Kathleen Hicks who highlighted breakthrough progress in a series of US partnerships in the region.

https://warriormaven.com/china/us-sending-drones-radars-coastal-defenses-to-philippines
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Sending Drones, Radars & Coastal Defenses to Philippines
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 06:20:24 pm »
When I was over there, the only good things in the country were the whore houses. :beer:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson