Author Topic: San Diego County approves $3M to shelter thousands of migrants  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
San Diego County approves $3M to shelter thousands of migrants
« on: December 07, 2023, 01:07:44 pm »

San Diego County approves $3M to shelter thousands of migrants
Story by Jorge Ventura  •
23h

SAN DIEGO (NewsNation) — San Diego County recently approved $3 million in funding to help thousands of migrants who have been struggling to find shelter.

County officials say they want to see those funds spent on migrant services as the city struggles with sheltering the 44,000 individuals who have been released into the city by Customs and Border Patrol agents since September.

Local officials told NewsNation that the influx of thousands of migrants is making the city’s homeless situation even more difficult to manage. The county says that without federal assistance, it is depending on nonprofit organizations to help house and care for migrants.

U.S. trying to help address Mexico’s water debt to the Rio Grande
While eventually approving the funds, county board members had different views.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/san-diego-county-approves-3m-to-shelter-thousands-of-migrants/ar-AA1l5HDA?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=df5bb06563484e15a5765b38c247fa44&ei=50
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson