Author Topic: Pfizer CEO slams Harvard, MIT, and UPenn's presidents: 'One of the most despicable moments in the hi  (Read 645 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Pfizer CEO slams Harvard, MIT, and UPenn's presidents: 'One of the most despicable moments in the history of US academia'
Story by ktan@businessinsider.com (Kwan Wei Kevin Tan)  •
5h

Pfizer's Albert Bourla was left disappointed by Tuesday's congressional hearing on antisemitism.
Bourla said he was "ashamed" to hear the testimonies from Harvard, MIT, and UPenn's presidents.
"It was one of the most despicable moments in the history of US academia," Bourla added.

Pfizer chief Albert Bourla took to X on Wednesday to condemn the presidents of Harvard, MIT, and the University of Pennsylvania for their congressional testimonies on antisemitism.

"I was ashamed to hear the recent testimony of 3 top university presidents. In my personal opinion, it was one of the most despicable moments in the history of US academia," Bourla wrote in his post.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careers/pfizer-ceo-slams-harvard-mit-and-upenn-s-presidents-one-of-the-most-despicable-moments-in-the-history-of-us-academia/ar-AA1l8f3Y?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=df5bb06563484e15a5765b38c247fa44&ei=21
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pfizer's lies about their vaccines which caused the premature deaths of thousands is more despicable!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Bourla may be that stopped clock we've heard so much about.

Meanwhile, MIT continues to beclown itself:

Legal Insurrection
@LegInsurrection
MIT Gives President ‘Full and Unreserved Support’ After Disastrous Antisemitism Hearing. President Kornbluth told Congress: “I’ve heard chants which can be antisemitic depending on the context when calling for the elimination of the Jewish people.”
11:11 AM · Dec 9, 2023

Story at Legal Insurrection: https://t.co/Mn15Rohkmw
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Dem Rep. Gottheimer: MIT, Penn, Harvard Should Face Federal Investigation, Their Presidents Should Resign
Ian Hanchett
9 Dec 2023
Breitbart

During an interview aired on Friday’s broadcast of CNN’s “AC360,” Rep. Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ) called for the presidents of Harvard, Penn, and MIT to resign and also called for a Department of Education investigation of MIT in addition to its investigations of Penn and Harvard.

Gottheimer said, “I certainly think the three of them should step aside. Imagine being a parent of a student on that campus who — and I don’t ever want any student, I don’t care if you’re Jewish, if you’re Muslim, I don’t want anyone to be afraid to go to class, to be who they are, regardless of their background. And, to me, I don’t know how if you’re a Jewish student right now on those campuses, or frankly on a lot of campuses in our country, you’re not just afraid. And that’s — when people are screaming death to Jews or dirty little Jew or other things that I’ve heard from a lot of my constituency’s students of what it feels like now to be on these [campuses] where they literally don’t want to go to class. They can’t wear a head covering, a yarmulke, right? They just can’t be who they are. And I never want that, you have a freedom of speech that I believe in strongly as a member of Congress. But you do also have a freedom from fear and no one should be afraid.”  ...
I love it when even some Democrats have had enough with the left's anti-Jooo nonsense.

Offline Hoodat

Maybe Pfizer should stop profiteering off the research money they shower MIT and Harvard with.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
As despicalbe as these University presidents were, I'd guess Pfizer would be the last to take a POV on moral authoriy, considering the COVID debacle.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Bill Ackman
@BillAckman
The Curious Case of Claudine Gay. This is a detailed critique of President Gay’s academic and administrative history prior to her becoming President of Harvard.

It is worth a careful read. For those who are more familiar with the facts, I welcome your input as to the facts and issues alleged in this report. They appear worthy of further investigation and examination.
11:01 PM · Dec 9, 2023

The Curious Case of Claudine Gay
She is the common thread in the Epstein, Weinstein, Dominguez, Enos, and Fryer scandals
Christopher Brunet
Apr 17, 2022

Claudine Gay first came to my attention about a month ago, when she emerged as the central figure in the Ryan Enos data fabrication scandal ...

Gay’s Role in the Jeffrey Epstein Scandal

The previous Edgerley Family Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences who Gay replaced in 2018, Michael Smith, had drawn too much heat for the numerous scandals he himself was embroiled in… such as the fact that he had approved Jeffrey Epstein's phone & office (the Program on Evolutionary Dynamics is part of FAS). Claudine Gay allowed Michael Smith to get away scot-free in the Harvard-Epstein ties investigation — she came in and nicely whitewashed it all away. Claudine Gay has Epstein coverup stink on her, and Michael Smith has major Epstein stink on him.  ...
More at Karlstack

Offline mountaineer

Ms. Gay appears to be quite a piece of work.

Christopher F. Rufo ⚔️
@realchrisrufo
EXCLUSIVE: @RealChrisBrunet
 and I have obtained documentation demonstrating that Harvard President Claudine Gay plagiarized multiple sections of her Ph.D. thesis, violating Harvard's policies on academic integrity.
This is a bombshell. 🧵
5:25 PM · Dec 10, 2023

Christopher F. Rufo ⚔️
@realchrisrufo
·
1h
 and I have obtained documentation demonstrating that Harvard President Claudine Gay plagiarized multiple sections of her Ph.D. thesis, violating Harvard's policies on academic integrity.

This is a bombshell. 🧵
Christopher F. Rufo ⚔️
@realchrisrufo
First, Gay lifts an entire paragraph nearly verbatim from a paper by Lawrence Bobo and Franklin Gilliam’s,  while passing it off as her own paraphrase and language.

This is a direct violation of Harvard's policy: "When you paraphrase, your task is to distill the source’s ideas in your own words. It’s not enough to change a few words here and there and leave the rest; instead, you must completely restate the ideas in the passage in your own words. If your own language is too close to the original, then you are plagiarizing, even if you do provide a citation."  ...

https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status/1733977126020481266

Offline Hoodat

Christopher F. Rufo ⚔️
@realchrisrufo
·
1h

This is a bombshell. 🧵

Joe Biden has no comment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Plagiarism is the Democrat way.

Offline mountaineer

This nitwit Gay is a real piece of work.
C. Bradley Thompson
@CBradleyThomps1

I have received from inside Harvard sources a smoking gun August 20, 2020 memo from Claudine Gay (now Harvard President) to the Faculty of Arts & Sciences when she was Dean. It flies in the face of everything she said to @RepStefanik & the world last week.

This memo was written when she was a short-listed candidate for the Harvard presidency. We must face a stunning possibility: Gay got the the job precisely because she holds these views.

This memo not only exposes her hypocrisy & duplicity but also the real source of what makes her (and those like her) the most destructive force in American higher education. This memo is a blueprint for the intellectual corruption & politicization of a once great institution, and it laid the groundwork for the anti-semitism & the anti-Americanism rampant at Harvard today.

This is Gay's agenda for Harvard, which means for the rest of American higher education. Gay obviously should be fired, but that's not enough. Her ideological agenda must be opposed and tossed in the dustbin of history.

Please read & REPOST.

Dear members of the FAS community,

As we look ahead to the start of a fall semester unlike any other, we confront the realization that we are now living history in the making. This moment has been shaped by crises old and new, as one pandemic has collided with another. The COVID-19 pandemic is a truly singular event; a public health threat that has spared no part of our academic enterprise from disruption, forcing us to reimagine everything from undergraduate residential life to the daily activities of our labs and libraries. Meanwhile, a second pandemic is unfolding, one with deeper roots in American life. People across the world have risen up in protest against police brutality and systemic racism, awake to the devastating legacies of slavery and white supremacy like never before. The calls for racial justice heard on our streets also echo on our campus, as we reckon with our individual and institutional shortcomings and with our Faculty’s shared responsibility to bring truth to bear on the pernicious effects of structural inequality. Even as our opportunities to be together on campus are limited, now is the time to reengage and reconnect, both with each other and with the promise of our mission to advance knowledge and discovery in service of a more just world.

This moment offers a profound opportunity for institutional change that should not and cannot be squandered. The national conversation around racial equity continues to gain momentum and the unprecedented scale of mobilization and demand for justice gives me hope. In raw, candid conversations and virtual gatherings convened across the FAS in the aftermath of George Floyd’s brutal murder, members of our community spoke forcefully and with searing clarity about the institution we aspire to be and the lengths we still must travel to be the Harvard of our ideals. It is up to us to ensure that the pain expressed, problems identified, and solutions suggested set us on a path for long-term change. I write today to share my personal commitment to this transformational project and the first steps the FAS will take to advance this important agenda in the coming year.

Amplify teaching and research on racial and ethnic inequality

The project of building a truly inclusive scholarly community begins with what we consider worthy of research and teaching. A full account of contemporary American society demands scholarship that affirms the relevance, significance, and worth of diverse cultural backgrounds and histories. Moreover, preparing our students for leadership in today’s globalized yet profoundly unequal society, requires an education that includes the voices, stories, and lived experiences of those too long pushed to the margins. With these goals in mind, I plan a series of investments across our academic enterprise.

This fall, we will reactivate the cluster hire in ethnicity, indigeneity, and migration, with the goal of making four new faculty appointments. These appointments are critical to our long-term efforts to strengthen our research and teaching capacity, and ensure that our students have access to this vital body of knowledge. In order to accelerate our progress, however, I am also establishing the Harvard College Visiting Professorship in Ethnicity, Indigeneity, and Migration to recruit leading scholars of race and ethnicity to spend a year at Harvard College actively engaged in teaching our undergraduates. Beginning in 2021-2022, the FAS will appoint up to two new visiting scholars each year, based on recommendations from academic departments. Finally, to seed new research directions and develop the next generation of scholars, we will also invest in the academic pipeline. The Inequality in America postdoctoral fellowship program, which currently recruits two new fellows each year, will be expanded in the coming year to recruit two additional early career scholars whose work focuses specifically on issues of racial and ethnic inequality.

Foster a more inclusive visual culture

The FAS has a long and proud history of discovery and achievement that is worthy of celebration. But it also has painful chapters of its history, marred by exclusion and discrimination. To become the inclusive scholarly community we aspire to be, we must confront our dual legacies with honesty, humility, and resolve, including how they are visually represented in the spaces where we work, live, and learn. Our visual culture should reflect our deep, abiding commitments to advance knowledge and critical thinking, honoring our past in a truthful way, while also celebrating the diversity and vitality of our present and instilling a sense of pride and belonging that is equally available to all members of our community. Honest and rigorous conversation about how we weave together our past, present, and future is necessary to build the stronger, more equitable FAS we envision.

This fall, I am launching the Task Force on Visual Culture and Signage to take up this consequential conversation. Led by Dean of Arts and Humanities, Robin Kelsey, this task force will convene a group of faculty, staff, and students from across the FAS to conduct a comprehensive study of our visual culture and articulate principles and informed guidelines for evolving the visual culture and imagery of the FAS. It is my hope that this work will provide a stronger foundation for the creative and meaningful action already happening at the local level, as well as catalyze new, more systematic visual change across the whole of the FAS.

Build our capacity to pursue inclusive excellence

Aligning our values with institutional action will bring us closer to the Harvard we aspire to be. But to make meaningful strides, our efforts cannot be ad hoc or lack accountability to a comprehensive strategy with concrete and measurable goals. What is required is focused, intentional action at every level of the FAS to dismantle the cultural and structural barriers that have precluded progress. And we must put real resources behind this work. Good intentions alone will not suffice.

As a first step towards building our capacity for inclusive excellence, I soon will appoint the inaugural Associate Dean of Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging for the FAS. Their work will be dedicated to the creation and implementation of an FAS-wide strategic vision for inclusive excellence that enables all members of our community to be seen, heard, and to flourish. They will report directly to me, and will work closely with the FAS senior leadership team to develop concrete goals and identify personal, departmental, divisional, and school-level actions for building an effective and active culture of anti-racism in the FAS.

Expand leadership opportunities for staff of color

Staff leaders of color remain significantly underrepresented in the FAS, and we are missing out on this talent to our own detriment. The benefits of diverse teams for organizational performance are well-documented, from spurring innovation and creative problem solving to challenging the assumptions and conventional wisdom that limit our thinking. Understanding the needs of our increasingly diverse student body demands fresh ideas and perspectives so that we make the best possible decisions for our community. If inclusive excellence is our goal, addressing the racial disparities in our administrative leadership must be part of the plan. 

I will launch a study of the hiring, professional development, and promotion practices that may contribute to the low representation of minority staff in managerial and executive roles carrying significant decision-making responsibility and authority. Led by the incoming Associate Dean of Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging, and working closely with Leslie Kirwan, Dean for Administration and Finance, Nina Zipser, Dean for Faculty Affairs, and Rakesh Khurana, Danoff Dean of Harvard College, the study will identify concrete steps we can take to increase racial diversity of senior staff and recommend near- and long-term hiring goals for the FAS.
--
These initiatives are just a starting place. Our engagement in anti-racist action and the infusion of inclusive practices into all aspects of our teaching and research mission reflect a new sense of institutional responsibility and will require sustained effort over time. Just like the learning that takes place in our classrooms and labs, this work demands thoughtful attention, experimentation (not all of which will be successful), and patience and humility for when we get it wrong. No one person or institution (not even Harvard!) has all the answers, and we cannot achieve our goals without the courage to listen deeply and generously and to act with urgency, seriousness of purpose, and a mind towards continual growth. The work of racial justice is not a one-time project. We must be relentless, constructively critical, and action-oriented in our pursuit to build the thriving, more equitable FAS we all deserve.

Even as I say that, I am clear-eyed that the work of real change will be difficult and for many it will be uncomfortable. Change is messy work. Institutional inertia will threaten to overwhelm even our best efforts. If we are to succeed, we must challenge a status quo that is comfortable and convenient for many. But I believe progress can be made and will be beneficial to all members of our community.

Collectively, we are the authors of Harvard’s future. As we begin this historic year, I offer you my personal commitment to be a partner and ally in the work for equity and justice. And I urge you all to lean into the profound optimism that animates our mission and join your colleagues in building what will ultimately be a proud chapter in the long story of Harvard.

Sincerely,
Claudine
Claudine Gay
Edgerley Family Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences

#defundHarvard
Last edited
11:48 AM · Dec 9, 2023

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

It depends on the context of the hate ... hating on Judeo-Christian Greco-Roman Western European civliization is allowed.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.