Author Topic: Moody’s cuts China’s credit outlook to negative on rising debt risks  (Read 349 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
CNBC by Clement Tan 12/5/2023

Key Points

•   Moody’s downgraded its outlook on China’s government credit ratings to negative from stable.

•   Moody’s expects Beijing’s support and possible bailouts for distressed local governments and state-owned enterprises to diminish China’s fiscal, economic and institutional strength.

•   The ratings agency retained China’s “A1” long-term rating on the country’s sovereign bonds.

Ratings agency Moody’s downgraded its outlook on China’s government credit ratings to negative from stable, expecting Beijing’s support and possible bailouts for distressed local governments and state-owned enterprises to diminish China’s fiscal, economic and institutional strength.

Moody’s though retained China’s “A1” long-term rating on the country’s sovereign bonds, while expecting China annual GDP growth to slow to 4% in 2024 and 2025 and average 3.8% from 2026 to 2030.

Structural factors including weak demographics will drive a decline to 3.5% by 2030, it said.

The move underscores concerns over rising debt levels and the impact on broader growth in the world’s second-largest economy as Beijing resorts to fiscal stimulus to support local governments and contain the spiraling debt crisis among the country’s property developers.

More: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/05/moodys-cut-chinas-credit-outlook-to-negative-on-rising-debt-risks.html

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Moody’s cuts China’s credit outlook to negative on rising debt risks
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 03:39:11 pm »
Geez, what a cop out.  Show some balls and back up your proognotications, with a credit downgrqade.  Moody sure routinel does it with other soverign, municpal, and corporate debt ratings.

I'm guessing the Chicoms were doing some arm twisting, to avoid higher load on their debt.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.