Author Topic: Concerns grow over military response to Iran proxy attacks: 'We are not taking this seriously'  (Read 210 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Concerns grow over military response to Iran proxy attacks: 'We are not taking this seriously'
by Mike Brest, Defense Reporter
 December 06, 2023 04:00 AM

A handful of former United States military leaders have argued in recent days that the Department of Defense has not adequately responded to a series of attacks against U.S. forces carried out by groups with Iran's backing.

U.S. forces in Iraq and Syria have been attacked dozens of times by Iranian proxies since the middle of October. Houthi rebels in Yemen are the most likely culprit in a series of attacks against commercial vessels in nearby waterways, with the most significant incident occurring just days ago.

Retired Vice Adm. John Miller, the former commander of U.S. 5th Fleet, said, “We are not taking this seriously,” according to Politico, adding, “We’re not deterring anybody right now." He also said the attacks in Iraq and Syria “have gone largely unanswered.”

Three commercial vessels were attacked four times Sunday in the southern Red Sea by forces that originated from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen. The Unity Explorer, Number 9, and Sophie II were struck by missiles fired from that area, while the USS Carney, which responded to distress calls, shot down multiple drones heading in its direction as it assisted those vessels in need.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/concerns-military-response-iran-proxy-attacks
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 03:05:33 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I guess these people haven't gotten the unspoken message from Israel!  Countries attacked by Jihadis don't have a right to defend themselves or retaliate when attacked. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson