Author Topic: Marine veteran John Waters reveals one of his toughest battles came when an opera singer asked him:  (Read 287 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Marine veteran John Waters reveals one of his toughest battles came when an opera singer asked him: ‘Do you think a soldier ever comes home from war?’

John Waters served in Afghanistan and Iraq after attending the Naval Academy

The Marine veteran is an attorney, but he's still trying to adapt to civilian life

He wrote his novel River City One after an encounter with an opera singer
By WILLS ROBINSON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 10:45 EST, 3 December 2023 | UPDATED: 07:05 EST, 5 December 2023

Marine veteran John Waters was at a fundraiser for a local opera singer when he heard a song that reduced him to instinct.

The 37-year-old had been out of the military for four years, plying his trade as an attorney in his native Nebraska and trying to adapt even though he felt ‘off.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12816009/Marine-veteran-John-Waters-reveals-one-toughest-battles-came-opera-singer-asked-think-soldier-comes-home-war.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If being a staff officer traumatized this delicate little flower,just imagine how traumatized he would have been as an infantry officer.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!