Author Topic: Attorney General Paxton Secures Administrative Stay, Preventing Destruction of Texas’ Border Barrier  (Read 540 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Will Biagini December 5, 2023

Attorney General Ken Paxton recently celebrated an administrative stay that prevents federal agents from destroying Texas’s concertina wire fencing.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced that he has secured an administrative stay halting the destruction of Texas’ wire fencing barricades along the United States-Mexico border by federal agents.

According to a press release from Paxton’s office, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has blocked federal immigration officials from damaging the fences, as the U.S. Department of Justice continues to prepare a response to Texas’ latest motion for an injunction.

Paxton celebrated the administrative stay on X Tuesday, saying “Today We Won An Admin­is­tra­tive Stay Pre­vent­ing Biden and May­orkas from Destroy­ing Texas Bor­der Barriers.”

The stay is the latest development in Texas’ ongoing lawsuit against the Biden Administration—which was filed on October 24 against the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and its Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/attorney-general-paxton-secures-administrative-stay-preventing-destruction-of-texas-border-barriers/

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Appeals court halts ruling that Border Patrol can legally cut Texas’ border concertina wire

Less than a week after a Del Rio-based federal judge ruled against Texas in the ongoing fight over the state’s razor wire, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals paused that decision while it reviews the case.

BY URIEL J. GARCÍA
DEC. 4, 2023

The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals on Monday temporarily halted a lower court order that gave Border Patrol agents legal cover to continue cutting concertina wire that Texas has installed on the banks of the Rio Grande.

U.S. District Judge Alia Moses of Del Rio on Wednesday ruled against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s office, which wanted the judge to order Border Patrol agents to stop cutting the wire. Moses said Texas didn’t provide enough evidence to show the federal government has violated the law, but she criticized the federal government’s immigration policy in general.

Paxton’s office appealed the order the following day, and on Monday the New Orleans-based appeals court issued a stay on Moses’ ruling and gave the Biden administration until Friday to respond.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/12/04/texas-border-concertina-wire-court-ruling-fifth-circuit/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Dade  Phelan's miserable failure of an impeachment is already paying dividends.  :patriot:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

Imagine if we had a decent Speaker??

On the subject of this thread...Way to go Pax  :thumbsup: