Author Topic: Air Force releases names of 7 airmen killed in Osprey crash off Japan  (Read 187 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force releases names of 7 airmen killed in Osprey crash off Japan
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Dec 5, 12:50 PM

Editor’s note: This story was updated Dec. 5 at 2:30 p.m. to include a statement from Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and at 8:50 p.m. to include new information from the Air Force.

The U.S. Air Force on Tuesday released the names of the seven remaining airmen who died after their CV-22 Osprey crashed off the southern coast of Japan Nov. 29.

They are “among the giants who shape our history,” Air Force Special Operations Command boss Lt. Gen. Tony Bauernfeind said in an emailed statement Tuesday.

The tiltrotor aircraft, bearing the call sign “GUNDAM 22,” went down near Yakushima Island while carrying an eight-person crew on a routine training mission. The Air Force announced Tuesday it believes the entire crew died in the crash.

Those killed aboard GUNDAM 22 include:

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2023/12/05/air-force-releases-names-of-7-airmen-killed-in-osprey-crash-off-japan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Air Force releases names of 7 airmen killed in Osprey crash off Japan
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 02:39:47 pm »
 :patriot:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson