Author Topic: Republican Rep. Patrick McHenry won't seek re-election as congressional exodus expands  (Read 332 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican Rep. Patrick McHenry won't seek re-election as congressional exodus expands
37 members of Congress have announced they won't seek re-election in 2024
By Anders Hagstrom Fox News
Published December 5, 2023 12:41pm EST

Rep. Patrick McHenry, R-N.C., announcedTuesday that he will not seek re-election, once again expanding the coming congressional exodus.

McHenry said he will finish out the remainder of his term. The Republican is a close ally of former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and served as interim-speaker in the time between McCarthy's ouster and the election of Speaker Mike Johnson.

"This is not a decision I come to lightly, but I believe there is a season for everything and—for me—this season has come to an end," McHenry said in a statement. "Past, present, and future, the House of Representatives is the center of our American republic. Through good and bad, during the highest of days and the lowest, and from proud to infamous times, the House is the venue for our nation’s disagreements bound up in our hopes for a better tomorrow. It is a truly special place and—as an American—my service here is undoubtedly my proudest."

The North Carolina congressman, who has served since 2005, is the 37th member of Congress to announce they will not be seeking re-election in 2024.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republican-rep-patrick-mchenry-wont-seek-re-election-congressional-exodus-expands
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online mountaineer

Well, McCarthy's gone. Newsmax's Logan Ratick asks an appropriate question:

Logan Ratick
@Logan_Ratick
Now is the time for your predictions on which corporate board he’ll end up on.

Story at New York Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Is this a safe GOP seat?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline bilo

Is this a safe GOP seat?

I hope so, but with all the Establishment Loyalists in the Pub party that sell out the Patriots, I'm not sure it matters.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home