Author Topic: Navy to begin search and salvage effort for downed Army Black Hawk  (Read 151 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy to begin search and salvage effort for downed Army Black Hawk
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Dec 5, 11:30 AM

The Navy will soon begin search and salvage operations for an Army MH-60 Black Hawk helicopter that crashed in the Mediterranean Sea on Nov. 10, killing all five special operations soldiers on board.

Sgt. Cade M. Wolfe, Sgt. Andrew P. Southard, Staff Sgt. Tanner W. Grone, Chief Warrant Officer 2 Shane M. Barnes and Chief Warrant Officer 3 Stephen R. Dwyer died in the mishap.

The special operations aviation soldiers were conducting aerial refueling training when the aircraft experienced an in-flight emergency resulting in the crash, according to the Pentagon.

The incident remains under investigation and further details have not yet been released.

NG Worker, a 288-foot offshore supply vessel outfitted with advanced positioning and underwater survey gear, is slated to head out from Sicily with a Navy Supervisor of Salvage and Diving team in the coming days, 6th Fleet said in a statement this week.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/12/05/navy-to-begin-search-and-salvage-effort-for-downed-army-black-hawk/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson