Author Topic: Michigan Gov Whitmer orders state government fleet to be 100% electric  (Read 822 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michigan Gov Whitmer orders state government fleet to be 100% electric
Michigan's state mandate 'will help drive demand of Michigan-made electric vehicles,' Whitmer says
By Thomas Catenacci Fox News
Published December 5, 2023 3:18pm EST

Democratic Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed an executive directive Tuesday forcing the state government's entire fleet of vehicles, both light-duty and heavy-duty, to transition to zero-emission.

Under Whitmer's actions, Michigan's state agencies must convert all state-owned light-duty vehicles to zero-emission vehicles (ZEV) by 2033 and all medium and heavy-duty vehicles by 2040. The governor said the move — which earned endorsements from clean energy groups, the United Auto Workers (UAW) union and Detroit Regional Chamber — would reduce pollution and lead to lower costs in the state.

"Michigan automakers are on the cutting-edge of the world’s switch to zero emission vehicles, and with today’s executive directive to transition our state-owned fleet by 2040, the State of Michigan is leading by example," she said in a statement.

"With today’s executive directive, I am directing state agencies to begin the process of converting vehicles owned and operated by the state to ZEVs by 2033 for light-duty vehicles and 2040 for medium and heavy-duty vehicles," Whitmer added. "Getting this done will help drive demand of Michigan-made electric vehicles, lower gas and maintenance costs for the state since ZEVs cost far less to fuel and maintain and reduce air and noise pollution in our communities." 

more
https://amgreatness.com/2023/12/06/morning-greatness-liz-cheney-considering-presidential-bid/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Michigan Gov Whitmer orders state government fleet to be 100% electric
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 02:34:24 pm »
From the article…

Michigan's state mandate 'will help drive demand of Michigan-made electric vehicles,' Whitmer says

The state doesn’t drive demand on anything. The market does.

The people of Michigan voted for her twice
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 05:31:04 pm »
Good thing Michigan doesn't have cold winters :silly: Now mandate all local governments and police go 100% electric too!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 05:35:04 pm »
As idiotic as this is, there is a plus side.

This keeps their army of regulators at bay with unreliable transportation.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2023, 06:08:33 pm »
Good luck recharging the electric snow plows during a blackout in a blizzard.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2023, 06:38:47 pm »
From the article…

The state doesn’t drive demand on anything. The market does.

The people of Michigan voted for her twice
@LMAO

True enough.

But the only places where The State "drives demand" have gulags and concentration camps.

And not by coincidence.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023, 06:59:59 pm »
A friend of ours has some connection to a bus company - his father or grandfather founded it - that provides school bus service to the local district. He said the feds forced on the district, and thus the bus company, five electric school buses. They have no resources for charging or servicing them, of course, and when they break down, they cannot be towed. (Not to mention this is a hilly area that can receive massive snowfalls).

Does the term "white elephant" mean anything to anyone?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2023, 07:08:44 pm »
A friend of ours has some connection to a bus company - his father or grandfather founded it - that provides school bus service to the local district. He said the feds forced on the district, and thus the bus company, five electric school buses. They have no resources for charging or servicing them, of course, and when they break down, they cannot be towed. (Not to mention this is a hilly area that can receive massive snowfalls).

Does the term "white elephant" mean anything to anyone?

Yes, but I think that might be racist.... :silly:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2023, 07:41:20 pm »
Yes, but I think that might be racist.... :silly:
Okay, diverse, equitable and non-binary elephant of no particular hue.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2023, 08:32:30 pm »
This will ultimately backfire leading to being an example as to why going all EV is a stupid idea.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2023, 08:42:49 pm »
Okay, diverse, equitable and non-binary elephant of no particular hue.  :laugh:
Or else: a Pachyderm of Privilege.  :tongue2:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2023, 09:18:18 pm »
I bet those EV snow plow trucks will be a hit at the ist snow.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2023, 02:40:17 am »
I bet those EV snow plow trucks will be a hit at the ist snow.
At least people will be able to stay warm when the batteries catch on fire.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2023, 01:01:15 pm »
At least people will be able to stay warm when the batteries catch on fire.

It's not a bug It's a feature.....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.