Author Topic: Younger Americans fearing 2024 election could spark a civil war are preparing for disaster: 40% of G  (Read 551 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Younger Americans fearing 2024 election could spark a civil war are preparing for disaster: 40% of Gen-Z have spent money on doomsday preparations, new survey finds

Young people have begun doomsday prepping due to concerns of societal collapse and natural disasters
    A Finder survey revealed 40 percent of Gen-Z, adults born after 1997, have spent money on emergency supplies in the past year

By Rachel Bowman For Dailymail.Com

Published: 19:14 EST, 4 December 2023 | Updated: 20:18 EST, 4 December 2023

More young Americans are doomsday prepping ahead of the next presidential election over fears of a societal collapse or failed natural disaster response, a survey has found.

Gen-Z, adults born after 1997, is the most likely to be preparing for a disaster with a whooping 40 percent claiming to have spent money on doomsday supplies in the past year, according to a Finder survey.

The survey of 2,179 US adults was conducted from January 9 to February 17 and has a two percent margin of error. Finder - who has been collecting prepping data since 2017 - asked people if they had spent money preparing for emergencies over the last twelve months.

Across all generations, food and water was the most commonly bought prepping item and 20 percent of Gen-Z preppers purchased toilet paper. According to the latest survey 29 percent of Americans spent money on prepping, up from the roughly 25 percent who did in 2017.

Many doomsday preppers said they are taking precautions ahead of the 2024 election because they are concerned it will bring civil unrest, while others worry the government will botch its response to the next big natural disaster.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12825301/Young-Americans-fearing-2024-election-spark-civil-war-Gen-Z-doomsday-preparations.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'd like to know what kind of "preparations" they're making.

It came to me that if there's ever a reail collapse, it won't matter so much as to how "well prepared" you are.

What will matter more is simply WHERE you are.

Online mountaineer

Wow, some of them bought toilet paper!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline the OlLine Rebel

I've feared that for 20+ years.  Much moreso since COVID and its enabled BLM rioters.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I sold solar systems for a couple years, and one prospect, who bought everything, panels and battery to sustain his electric usage was convinced something catastrophic was coming, and soon.  He had a small 3 bedroom ranch, and one bedroom was floor to ceiling, the entire room except the area to swing the door open, with plastic bins of 25 year food.  He took me to a 2nd bedroom, and there was one row floor to ceiling 25 year food, and he went on to tell me he had 20,000 rounds of ammo, and he did not think he had nearly enough.  He had 8  - 300 gallon plastic bins in his back yard to store water.

He says to me, what have you done to prepare for the coming collapse?  I responded, "Nothing!  If everything collapses, I am coming to live with you."  Now, he snickered at my response, and I said "you think you and your wife alone are going to defend this hoard of food, ammo, weapons, water, whatever if the sh*t hits the fan?  How many people besides me have you told of your cache of food and supplies?" 

He would be lucky to hold on to it beyond three months.  I am sure some band of thugs would overrun him and his wife, leaving them dead in their wake.  All that thought, money, energy put into something that gets taken away.

I heard a report months ago that if everything collapsed in the USA, within one year, 90% of Americans would be dead from starvation, murder, exposure, and half a dozen other reasons.  90%, that is a ton of dead folk.

When I saw the movie The Road one year after it came out, I thought it far fetched.  Now, I can actually see it happening.  Same can be said for the movie Soylent Green.  Far fetched is becoming reality right now.  They want us eating bugs, so why not reprocess humans into food versus burying them in the ground?  I can see it happening.

I can also see multiple viruses being intentionally released, each being more virulent than the predecessor, all designed to eliminate the majority of the global population.  Right now the globe stands at 8 billion, probably 10 billion by 2050.  I can see them taking that number down to 50 million +/- by 2050 by an and all means possible,  all in the name of saving the planet.  That is not a far fetched idea in this world today.

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 07:50:30 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'd like to know what kind of "preparations" they're making.

They are buying up Starbucks gift cards.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The pansy *ss generation that needs safe spaces will resort to civil war...now that has me rolling on the floor laughing my *ss off for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I'm scared.  Please, the entire world is laughing at this nation.  My wife just returned from Russia, and she said the media there constantly makes fun of the Biden Idiocracy every day.  Our country is a laughing stock, thought now to be utterly clueless with Biden at the helm.  And take a look at the world, chaos reigns supreme under the corrupt nose of Wrecking Ball Joe.

:rolling: :yowsa: :rolling: :yowsa:

Online roamer_1

I told y'all this generation, at least some of them, are coming out here trying to connect to the dirt...

And that's still the best way, as any rural folk will tell you.
Supplies run out... WAY sooner than you think. I have had the opportunity to run my pantry all the way out a couple times, and this pantry here, this house I mean, with its normal load, can make it through the winter for sure without input... Four months, maybe five.. but much past five and you are getting pretty inventive with your meals, and cutting back to one meal a day... you might get six....

Now that ain't quite fair, because my house is a subsidiary of the Big House, and the Greater House of my clan combined, so input is going to be possible, but even at that, we are still gonna put seed in the ground and can up the harvest, and we're still gonna have livestock, and we're still gonna hunt and fish. And THAT's the ticket, no matter where you are.

The ones that will make it are the ones that are self contained and capable of producing. And the damn shame is that most of suburbia used to be like that. Even in Chicago my mother had a garden. Even in Chicago on a dinky 1/2 acre yard, she still grew enough and put it up, and we always had the basics right there.

It's been a long time since I have seen many gardens in town. Local butchers are a dying breed too... And that's a big mistake.