Author Topic: The SPASMIC Atlantic Berates Americans: ‘Inflation Is Your Fault’  (Read 210 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The SPASMIC Atlantic Berates Americans: ‘Inflation Is Your Fault’
Joseph Vazquez
December 4th, 2023 12:33 PM

The leftist Atlantic actually victim-blamed Americans for the crushing high prices they’re experiencing. In the same breath, the outlet billed President Joe Biden’s ridiculously bad economy as the cat’s pajamas.

“Inflation Is Your Fault,” read the condescending headline by Atlantic staff writer Annie Lowrey. She opted for just talking down to the plebeians by simply chalking up Americans’ misery to consumer overspending.

Lowrey, doing damage control for Biden, proceeded to scold Americans: “People hate inflation, just not enough to spend less: This is one of the central tensions of today’s economy, in which things are going great yet everyone is miserable. And in some ways, Americans have nobody to blame but themselves.” Yikes. [Emphasis added.]

She didn’t bother mentioning Biden’s name at all in her piece until the last paragraph, and it was only to make excuses for his administration’s outrageous, inflation-stimulating spending policies. She appeared to hinge her entire argument on consumer spending rising 0.2 percent in October, glossing over the fact that this was a significant 0.5 percentage-point slowdown from the 0.7 percent increase in September and was the “slowest increase since May,” according to The Wall Street Journal.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2023/12/04/spasmic-atlantic-berates-americans-inflation-your-fault
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The SPASMIC Atlantic Berates Americans: ‘Inflation Is Your Fault’
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 05:44:49 pm »
Inflation is the fault of the Lib's jihad against fossil fuels, and anti-growth government policies at the Federal, State, and Municipal levels.

How do you reduce the cost of housing?  Build more housing.

How do you reduce the cost of energy?  Produce more energy and increase distribution capacity.

How do you reduce the cost of food?  Reduce the cost of energy and stop subsidizing the use of corn and soybeans to produce biofuels.

God did not bless America with a bounty of energy resources for us to just leave it in the ground.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

Re: The SPASMIC Atlantic Berates Americans: ‘Inflation Is Your Fault’
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 05:48:16 pm »
Of course it’s the American peoples fault

We actually expect a high standard of living. We have expectations of luxuries like energy to be able to heat our homes and food to put on the table.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy