Author Topic: Navy Will Test AI System To Track Chinese Submarines  (Read 145 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy Will Test AI System To Track Chinese Submarines
« on: December 05, 2023, 04:22:22 pm »
Navy Will Test AI System To Track Chinese Submarines
Bloomberg

December 3, 2023

By Tony Capaccio

(Bloomberg) –The US and two of its closest partners are set to test a new way to track Chinese submarines using artificial intelligence.

Crews flying Pacific missions on the US Navy’s top maritime surveillance and attack aircraft will be using AI algorithms to rapidly process sonar data gathered by underwater devices of the US, UK and Australia, the defense chiefs of the three nations announced Friday.

The technology could enable the allies to track Chinese submarines with greater speed and accuracy as they search for ways to blunt the impact of China’s rapid military modernization and growing global assertiveness. The tests are part of the three nations’ extensive technology-sharing agreement known as Aukus Pillar II.

“These joint advances will allow for timely high-volume data exploitation, improving our anti-submarine warfare capabilities,” according to a joint statement from US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, Australian Defense Minister Richard Marles and UK Secretary of State for Defense Grant Shapps during a meeting in California.

The three powers said they would deploy advanced artificial intelligence algorithms on multiple systems, including the P-8A Poseidon aircraft to process data from each nation’s sonobuoys, underwater detection devices.

https://gcaptain.com/navy-will-test-ai-system-to-track-chinese-submarines/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy Will Test AI System To Track Chinese Submarines
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 04:23:20 pm »
Will our government send the technology to China to make sure the militaries are "equitable?" *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson