Author Topic: Family of US veteran ‘devastated’ by burial rejection  (Read 144 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Family of US veteran ‘devastated’ by burial rejection
« on: December 05, 2023, 04:09:12 pm »
Family of US veteran ‘devastated’ by burial rejection

DECEMBER 04, 2023 JEFF BURBANK - LAS VEGAS REVIEW JOURNAL

Sisters Lynne Mowers and Kathy Mitchell flew across the country in October to attend a funeral for their parents at the Southern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Boulder City.

Weeks earlier, officials had approved the burial of U.S. Army and Reserve veteran Charles Paul Conner and his wife Agnes on Oct. 18. The sisters had ordered a “Faith & Prayer” praying hands emblem, the inscription “Wind Beneath My Wings” and birth and death dates for their parents’ internment marker.

But a day before the scheduled burial, Mowers, who had traveled to Las Vegas from New York, received a call from Alexander Keeling, an administrator with the Nevada Department of Veterans Service, who said her parents could not be buried at the veterans cemetery after all.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/12/family-of-us-veteran-devastated-by-burial-rejection/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson