Author Topic: Mexican cartels’ violent reign of terror at the border helping drive US migrant crisis  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Mexican cartels’ violent reign of terror at the border helping drive US migrant crisis
Story by Jorge Fitz-Gibbon  •
15h

A surge in drug cartel violence along the Mexican border is terrorizing locals south of the Rio Grande — and driving more migrants north into the US, according to reports.

The ruthless gangs have unleashed a reign of terror in Mexican towns like Juarez that is so commonplace that 40% of adults have witnessed cartel violence over the previous three months, according to Border Report.

With border crossings surging, their turf wars are now over human smuggling routes, not just drug trafficking.

“Whatever the commodity is that’s flowing in either direction is controlled by whoever controls that territory,” Gary Hale, a nonresident fellow in drug policy and Mexican studies at Rice University’s Baker Institute told The Post.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mexican-cartels-violent-reign-of-terror-at-the-border-helping-drive-us-migrant-crisis/ar-AA1kZQgz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=f571f51ffa1545febb3516dce64b1e8e&ei=15
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson