Author Topic: Trump Blames DeSantis for FSU Football’s Brutal Playoff Snub  (Read 1218 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump Blames DeSantis for FSU Football’s Brutal Playoff Snub
« on: December 04, 2023, 09:46:34 pm »

https://dnyuz.com/2023/12/04/trump-blames-desantis-for-fsu-footballs-brutal-playoff-snub/

<snipit>
The snubbing of Florida State University’s football team from the college football playoff on Sunday has gone political, with Donald Trump saying disgruntled fans should blame Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis for the team being left out of the final four.

=====================================================================

From the the "You Can't Make this shit up" Department.  More epic comments from the Orange Genius Himself.  /s

====================================================================================

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

Re: Trump Blames DeSantis for FSU Football’s Brutal Playoff Snub
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 09:56:34 pm »
Trump blaming DeSantis, imagine that.  *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 10:17:08 pm »
Trump blaming DeSantis, imagine that.  *****rollingeyes*****
Trump spouting lies about an opponent....imagine that :silly: What role on the FSU team did DeSantis have, coach, quarterback? Trump needs to put the Big Mac down **nononono*

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 11:15:39 pm »
Trump's allegation is about as stupid as it gets.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 12:59:12 am »
If Trump had ever played contact sports they should put him in concussion protocol.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 01:08:29 am »
Think about this for a moment: the guy who runs on a platform of "Drain the Swamp" just suggested that the governor of Florida should've launched a lobbying campaign against a private committee for his state's university.

Lobbying is exactly what makes the swamp, the swamp.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 01:21:50 am »
Think about this for a moment: the guy who runs on a platform of "Drain the Swamp" just suggested that the governor of Florida should've launched a lobbying campaign against a private committee for his state's university.

Lobbying is exactly what makes the swamp, the swamp.

Lighten up, will ya?

He's ribbing DeSantis because an UNDEFEATED Miami State (ranked 5th) wasn't chosen.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2023, 01:24:05 am »
Lighten up, will ya?

He's ribbing DeSantis because an UNDEFEATED Miami State (ranked 5th) wasn't chosen.

I took  it as bit of ribbing on his part towards DeSantis than actually blaming him for the snubbing, myself :shrug:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 01:39:59 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2023, 01:35:33 am »

:facepalm2:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2023, 02:18:21 am »
Lighten up, will ya?

I just figured it was a little more thoughtful of a criticism than "lol, Trump stoopid" I wasn't even going to say anything about it knowing full well it was a self-deprecating joke. The kind of self-deprecating humor you almost never see from the guy.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 02:19:19 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2023, 02:28:01 am »
I just figured it was a little more thoughtful of a criticism than "lol, Trump stoopid" I wasn't even going to say anything about it knowing full well it was a self-deprecating joke. The kind of self-deprecating humor you almost never see from the guy.

@jmyrlefuller

Everyone is talking about it...not about Pres. Trump's quip, but the fact Florida State is sitting it out while undefeated.

Most say that Florida State is in a much easier conference, and they would have lost FOUR more game had they played in Alabama's conference.

Plus it's hard not to get excited about MICHIGAN vs ALABAMA, right?    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2023, 02:34:07 am »
Most say that Florida State is in a much easier conference, and they would have lost FOUR more game had they played in Alabama's conference.

Plus it's hard not to get excited about MICHIGAN vs ALABAMA, right?    :beer:

The reason FSU was left out is because they are without a quality QB.  The committee expected Texas and Alabama to be better competitors for Michigan and Washington.  Doesn't make it right, but that's why they did it.  Personally, I think Georgia could beat Michigan, Washington, and FSU.  And they're not even in it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2023, 02:54:24 am »
Lighten up, will ya?

Ribbing? Trump doesn't rib, he's like Triumph the Insult Dog, he rips, name calls attacks, and while it was appreciated when he directed it at democrats he just can't help lying and insulting anyone no matter political inclination that he thinks is a threat.........and anyone that doesn't lip lock on his big orange behind is a threat. And I got tired of his schtick long ago.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2023, 03:11:16 am »
Lighten up, will ya?

"Miami State", huh?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 03:14:03 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2023, 03:14:39 am »
How do you know that was Trump's reasoning?

Even Trump doesn't know his own reasoning. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2023, 12:53:28 pm »
To borrow from the parrot sketch, reason don't enter into it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2023, 12:44:28 am »
So many *still* don't know when they're being trolled  88devil

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2023, 12:49:50 am »

Or maybe they just don't think being "trolled" like that is worthy of someone running for President.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2023, 01:00:15 am »

Was the Lyin' Ted Meme a exercise in trolling too?  Tumpy doesn't troll, he just exudes fecal matter everytime he opens his mouth.

Spare us the bullshit.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 04:38:49 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2023, 01:53:48 am »

Ribbing? Trump doesn't rib, he's like Triumph the Insult Dog, he rips, name calls attacks, and while it was appreciated when he directed it at democrats he just can't help lying and insulting anyone no matter political inclination that he thinks is a threat.........and anyone that doesn't lip lock on his big orange behind is a threat. And I got tired of his schtick long ago.

Same goes for "Trolling",  Trumps grade school taunts and insults are soooo 2016!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2023, 06:12:08 am »
Was the Lyin' Ted Meme a exercise in trolling too?  Tumpy doesn't troll, he just exudes fecal matter everytime he opens his mouth.

Spare us the bullshit.

Over seven years have gone by, and I'm still waiting for the first Trump supporter to identify anything Ted Cruz lied about.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2023, 06:45:49 am »
Now if DeSantis mentioned because Trump has moved to Florida, that Florida State got overlooked... it would be a "No Class" move....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EqoqQoOVQg

Georgia getting dropped 5 spots could be cause for complaint, but they took it in stride... their coach was a class act... odds are they probable would beat Bama 3 out of 5 times...

The Bulldogs shure put a whooping on my team, and my team came a hair width from beating Bama with a losing record... Yet Bama got put in the mix... This was one of those years an 8 team playoff would be handy...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 06:53:53 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....