Author Topic: Trump’s VP: Ranking the candidates from most likely to least  (Read 4581 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump’s VP: Ranking the candidates from most likely to least
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2023, 05:49:44 pm »
I am not a uni-partier,

But you must be  @catfish1957   It's got to be the reason you attack those who work for their defeat with such overwhelming hate. 

« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 05:52:48 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2023, 05:53:39 pm »
But you are @catfish1957   It's got to be the reason you attack those who work for their defeat with such overwhelming hate.

You are so f'ing FOS, we better end this discussion before it escalates to Mod intervention status......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2023, 06:00:30 pm »
   Has anyone mentioned Ben Carson?

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,518976.0.html

Carson is a terrific MAN, and I think he would've been a great president.  Heck yes I'd love him as VP.

That is 1 good thing for Trump - Carson still stands behind him.  But then, my mom still stands behind a lazy, brown-nosing, duplicitous leech for her "cleaning lady".
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2023, 06:01:59 pm »
////00000////

Dionne Warwick ...

Yup, she was on his show.

And boy, what a prima donna Warwick turned out to be.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2023, 11:13:28 pm »
It's NOT going to be Nikki Haley.

A good running mate?
Someone who would be fully capable of assuming the presidency in Mr. Trump's stead?

How about Rand Paul...?

I never cared much for his father, but Rand seems to be his own man, someone who would be an advocate for "the right side" of things.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2023, 07:08:57 pm »
Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
Seriously, this is bad. How can Republicans ever win if they insist on siding with their worst enemies against their own.
1:19 PM · Dec 6, 2023

Maybe Trump will pick Gavin Newsom.

https://twitter.com/NvrBackDown24/status/1732231919905935433
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2023, 07:17:48 pm »
Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
Seriously, this is bad. How can Republicans ever win if they insist on siding with their worst enemies against their own.
1:19 PM · Dec 6, 2023

Maybe Trump will pick Gavin Newsom.

https://twitter.com/NvrBackDown24/status/1732231919905935433

In the Trumpiverse, its all about who sucks up to you.

Kind of like last night with that pointless Town Hall.  Hannity threw nothing but soft balls to the Orange Menace.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 07:19:37 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2023, 07:29:09 pm »

A good running mate?
Someone who would be fully capable of assuming the presidency in Mr. Trump's stead?

How about Rand Paul...?

I never cared much for his father, but Rand seems to be his own man, someone who would be an advocate for "the right side" of things.

Trump would never pick Rand as he is a conservative who leans at times libertarian --he's way too conservative and has too much integrity to fit into Trump's universe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2023, 07:32:38 pm »
Trump would never pick Rand as he is a conservative who leans at times libertarian --he's way too conservative and has too much integrity to fit into Trump's universe.

*FACTS*

Offline libertybele

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2023, 08:07:55 pm »

Kind of like last night with that pointless Town Hall.  Hannity threw nothing but soft balls to the Orange Menace.
I didn't watch the Town Hall as I figured with Hannity it would be a waste of time. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2023, 08:51:10 pm »

No kidding.  It's never about principle with that guy.  It's always about the personal.

https://twitter.com/townhallcom/status/1645949866630160388
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 08:52:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2023, 09:20:55 pm »
I didn't watch the Town Hall as I figured with Hannity it would be a waste of time.
My hat's off to anyone who can sit through ten minutes of Hannity, regardless of the topic, regardless of who is his guest.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2023, 10:27:55 pm »
But you must be  @catfish1957   It's got to be the reason you attack those who work for their defeat with such overwhelming hate.

Trump only works against those with whom he has a personal grudge.  He is completely fine with Establishment/Uniparty/RINO's if they say nice things about him.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2023, 10:52:13 pm »
My hat's off to anyone who can sit through ten minutes of Hannity, regardless of the topic, regardless of who is his guest.

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2023, 01:37:46 pm »

Bingo!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2023, 03:02:58 pm »

A good running mate?

How about Rand Paul...?

I’d prefer Rand Paul to be president.

He and Ron are my favorites for Pres. Unless someone else shows to be rock-solid conservative with principles besides.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2023, 03:19:27 pm »

He and Ron are my favorites for Pres. Unless someone else shows to be rock-solid conservative with principles besides.

Not many I would say this for, but I would vote for Rand Paul for president out of hand, without research. All in. Any time, against anyone. And as an aside, I like his libertarian strains - That's a feature (big surprise)  :beer:

However, I do not believe he has designs in that direction.

DeSantis ain't too far behind that, except in that I have already researched him quite a bit, and that will continue. He holds a place similar to where Cruz was with me;  albeit he (Cruz) has descended in my opinion, compared to the Halcyon days prior to 2016. DeSantis continues to impress.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2023, 03:35:11 pm »

The simple fact is that Paul is about the only legislator in DC interested in putting Fauxci in jail, is alone enough to give him a listen,

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2023, 03:51:39 pm »
The simple fact is that Paul is about the only legislator in DC interested in putting Fauxci in jail, is alone enough to give him a listen,

More than that. His integrity has been tested to the point of his very life, right before our eyes, and remains intact. Don't worry about Paul. He will not move. What he is, he bloody well IS, and without a shred of pomposity. His convictions are sacrosanct, and in that, running solidly along Conservative lines... And willing, by the way, to buck (REALLY buck) against the media and his fellows as witnessed in the COVID debacle. That's a guy to measure by.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2023, 04:53:32 pm »

Ron Paul's signature is on my youngest son's birth certificate. He lived three doors down the street from me at that time and we have remained friends ever since. I would trust him with my life.

Rand was about eight years old when I left Lake Jackson so I can't say that I know him, but I strongly suspect that apples still don't fall far from the tree. I would surely vote for him.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2023, 06:09:53 pm »
You're thinking like a Unipartier @catfish1957   ----  and it's worthless.   :shrug:

This is funny coming from you, considering that Donald Trump is the consummate uniparty candidate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2023, 06:14:39 pm »
Ron Paul's signature is on my youngest son's birth certificate. He lived three doors down the street from me at that time and we have remained friends ever since. I would trust him with my life.

Rand was about eight years old when I left Lake Jackson so I can't say that I know him, but I strongly suspect that apples still don't fall far from the tree. I would surely vote for him.

Back in 2008, I stood outside a John McCain rally holding a sign that said "McCain Has Sold Us Out".  There was a sizeable contingency of Ron Paul supporters also protesting the event.  Although I wasn't in the Paul camp that year (I voted for him in 1988), I engaged in conversations with many of them, mostly young people.  And surprisingly, the one issue that all of them firmly embraced was pro-life.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2023, 06:23:33 pm »
After the way he treated Pence, only a fool would agree to serve as Trump's running mate and vice president.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2023, 10:36:39 pm »
Back in 2008, I stood outside a John McCain rally holding a sign that said "McCain Has Sold Us Out".  There was a sizeable contingency of Ron Paul supporters also protesting the event.  Although I wasn't in the Paul camp that year (I voted for him in 1988), I engaged in conversations with many of them, mostly young people.  And surprisingly, the one issue that all of them firmly embraced was pro-life.

I am remarkably comfortable among conservative libertarians (Paul's crowd) and even Classic Liberals. Often our differences are nothing more than a matter of emphasis... At least, that's so since my change of mind wrt drug enforcement - We still ain't together on that, them and me, but we are hella closer than we were... property seizures being the catalyst of my conversion on the issue.

And I think them a bellwether. The further 'conservatism' is from agreement with such, the further from its moorings it is. To the point that it can no longer be Conservatism.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2023, 11:07:31 pm »
Tucker Carlson's name has also been mentioned here and there.

I have to admit, his entry into politics would be of considerable intrigue.

Mr. Carlson would be an excellent consigliere to Mr. Trump, particularly regarding how to handle the media. But as VP?

Hmmmm....