Author Topic: Tracking U.S. drug overdose deaths  (Read 326 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Tracking U.S. drug overdose deaths
« on: December 03, 2023, 06:37:14 pm »
Tracking U.S. drug overdose deaths
At least 107,422 people died of drug overdoses in the U.S. between April 2022 and March 2023, more than double the 52,404 deaths in 2015. Of those, 631 deaths were in San Francisco County and 11,403 in California.

San Francisco County
Updated Nov. 8, 2023 1:24 p.m.

The San Francisco Chronicle is making this important information about the opioid epidemic available to all readers. A subscription to The Chronicle helps support local journalism like this.

Drug overdoses have killed more than a million people in the U.S. since 1999, with the majority of the fatalities driven by opioids, including the supremely powerful synthetic painkiller fentanyl.

But while the accelerating casualties are vast — so much so that they are driving down the nation’s life expectancy — the suffering is not evenly spread, with some cities and counties recording death tolls three to five times higher than the national average, according to a first-of-its-kind tracker of the epidemic.

“Even in the era of COVID-19, the opioid crisis stands out as one of the most devastating public health disasters of the 21st century in the USA and Canada,” states a report by the Stanford Lancet Commission finding that the crisis was fueled by “unrestrained profit seeking and multi-level, multi-system regulatory failure.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/projects/us-drug-overdose-deaths/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Tracking U.S. drug overdose deaths
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 12:13:51 am »
 :pondering: Maybe if some jackwad didn't keep the border wide open and all the illegal Fentanyl and Opiods weren't flooding into the country the deaths wouldn't be so damn high.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 01:25:22 am »
The elites don't want to curb the deaths.   If they would rather die, they’d better do it, and decrease the surplus population.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 01:43:38 am »
The elites don't want to curb the deaths.   If they would rather die, they’d better do it, and decrease the surplus population.
Yeah, there is that, otherwise there would be world wide outcry for China to stop their Fentanyl progrom(except in this case it's everyone but chicoms)