Author Topic: Navy launches efficiency drive in pursuit of savings  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy launches efficiency drive in pursuit of savings
« on: December 03, 2023, 05:25:11 pm »
Navy launches efficiency drive in pursuit of savings
By Megan Eckstein
 Thursday, Nov 30

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Navy is looking to find budget savings and efficiencies to give it more flexibility under tighter budget caps, the service’s undersecretary said today.

Erik Raven, who oversees the business side of the Navy, said the sea service is working with its program managers and prime contractors to address cost overruns, as one way to address the lower-than-expected budgets that stem from this summer’s Fiscal Responsibility Act.

More broadly, “the department is executing an internally focused effort to identify opportunities to better allocate funding,” in what Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro has called the Running Fix effort, Raven said at a Navy League congressional shipbuilding breakfast event Thursday.

The assistant secretaries for research, development and acquisition and for financial management and comptroller will co-chair the effort, which Raven says will build upon past efforts to identify efficiencies.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2023/11/30/navy-launches-efficiency-drive-in-pursuit-of-savings/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy launches efficiency drive in pursuit of savings
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 05:26:19 pm »
Military efficiency is an oxymoron. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson