Author Topic: Military to Curtail Recruiting and Duty Station Moves if Congress Resorts to a Yearlong Stopgap  (Read 186 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Military to Curtail Recruiting and Duty Station Moves if Congress Resorts to a Yearlong Stopgap Budget, Joint Chiefs Chairman Warns

Published November 30, 2023 at 12:36pm ET

Military personnel funding would have a $5.8 billion shortfall and no new military construction projects would be able to start if Congress does not pass a regular full-year Pentagon spending bill for this fiscal year, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff warned in a recent letter to Congress.

"DoD has never operated under a year-long CR; it would be historically costly to the Joint Force," Gen. Charles "C.Q." Brown wrote to the Senate Appropriations Committee on Wednesday.

Since the start of the fiscal year at the beginning of October, the Defense Department, along with the rest of the federal government, has been operating under a stopgap spending measure known as a continuing resolution, or CR, because lawmakers have been unable to agree to regular full-year appropriations bills.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2023/11/30/slowed-recruiting-delayed-change-of-station-moves-joint-chiefs-chairman-warns-against-yearlong.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'll bet DEI initiatives, gay rights, and eco-friendly programs are exempt from such consequences, however. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson