Author Topic: Does the US have what it takes to keep its nuclear edge?  (Read 184 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Does the US have what it takes to keep its nuclear edge?
« on: December 03, 2023, 04:56:53 pm »
Does the US have what it takes to keep its nuclear edge?
A congressional panel highlights its concerns about infrastructure, the industrial base, keeping up with Russia, and staying ahead of China.
LAUREN C. WILLIAMS | DECEMBER 1, 2023

The U.S. lacks the infrastructure it needs to produce the nuclear weapons estimated to keep pace with Russia and China, according to a congressional panel.

“I think we have to be very practical. And right now, pretty much everything is behind schedule and over budget,” Madelyn Creedon, chair of the Congressional Commission on the Strategic Posture of the United States, told reporters Thursday at a Defense Writers Group event.

The commission’s final report, released in October, argues that the U.S. lacks the comprehensive strategy and force structure needed to face the nuclear threats of the future.

Critics have responded that the commission’s “full-throated embrace of a U.S. nuclear build-up...ignores the consequences of a likely arms race with Russia and China.”

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2023/12/does-us-have-what-it-takes-keep-its-nuclear-edge/392430/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Does the US have what it takes to keep its nuclear edge?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 04:58:25 pm »
Just as importantly, does the CIC have the intestinal fortitude to use them against his friends in China, N. Korea, Iran, and Russia? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson