Author Topic: Alleged smuggler pulls into Burger King drive-thru to evade Border Patrol  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Alleged smuggler pulls into Burger King drive-thru to evade Border Patrol
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Nov 20, 2023 / 06:25 PM CST

Updated: Nov 21, 2023 / 06:18 PM CST

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – A driver who allegedly turned into a Burger King drive-thru to avoid the U.S. Border Patrol is facing migrant smuggling charges in Arizona.

A federal grand jury on Wednesday charged Anthony Joseph Moncivaiz with one count of conspiracy and two counts of transporting unauthorized non-citizens for profit in connection with an Oct. 19 incident off U.S. Highway 92 in Bisbee.

Court records show a U.S. Border Patrol agent on duty in Cochise County, Ariz., observed three individuals dressed in camouflage approach a neighborhood 4 miles north of the border wall. The group walked toward a car on a street at the edge of the neighborhood and got in. The agent followed the vehicle to Highway 92 and watched the driver pull into the fast-food restaurant while the passengers attempted to conceal themselves in the back seat.

https://www.borderreport.com/regions/arizona/alleged-smuggler-pulls-into-burger-king-drive-thru-to-evade-border-patrol/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson