Author Topic: Trump slams Reynolds for endorsing DeSantis over 'loyalty'  (Read 626 times)

Offline corbe

Trump slams Reynolds for endorsing DeSantis over 'loyalty'
« on: December 02, 2023, 11:56:04 pm »

by Jenny Goldsberry, Social Media Producer
December 02, 2023 06:21 PM

Former President Donald Trump blasted Gov. Kim Reynolds (R-IA) for her endorsement of Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) while speaking at a campaign rally in Iowa.

Trump was in Ankeny, Iowa, on Saturday when he addressed the governor's endorsement of his opponent. The former president is still the front-runner in the race, running away with 54% of the likely Republican vote, while DeSantis nabbed 18%. Still, Trump decided to respond to Reynolds.

“I mean, that was her choice to do this,” Trump said. “But I believe in loyalty. This state is not that difficult, and it is a great state with great people. But, she became the governor, and then she called me when she had a big problem: Running against a very wealthy man. He was way up in the polls, and he was going to win. I came, did a big rally and endorsement of her, fought like hell and she ended up winning, right?”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaign/trump-slams-reynolds-endorsing-desantis-loyalty
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Re: Trump slams Reynolds for endorsing DeSantis over 'loyalty'
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 11:58:44 pm »
Not the first time that Trump has blasted her.  What a great way to win IA!  Of course he's Trump and he doesn't need to win IA.  :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2023, 11:59:55 pm »

by Jenny Goldsberry, Social Media Producer
December 02, 2023 06:21 PM

Former President Donald Trump blasted Gov. Kim Reynolds (R-IA) for her endorsement of Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) while speaking at a campaign rally in Iowa.

Trump was in Ankeny, Iowa, on Saturday when he addressed the governor's endorsement of his opponent. The former president is still the front-runner in the race, running away with 54% of the likely Republican vote, while DeSantis nabbed 18%. Still, Trump decided to respond to Reynolds.

“I mean, that was her choice to do this,” Trump said. “But I believe in loyalty. This state is not that difficult, and it is a great state with great people. But, she became the governor, and then she called me when she had a big problem: Running against a very wealthy man. He was way up in the polls, and he was going to win. I came, did a big rally and endorsement of her, fought like hell and she ended up winning, right?”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaign/trump-slams-reynolds-endorsing-desantis-loyalty

So the question is whether Trump supported her because he truly believed her to be the better candidate, or did he not think her the better candidate but just did it as a personal favor so she would "owe" him later?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2023, 12:05:10 am »
Bow down to the mandarin orange baboon or he will mean tweet you.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2023, 12:10:00 am »
   He's spent more $$$$ attacking Conservative Govenor's (our only Future), than he has spent against bidet and NOTHING on defending his record. 
   This is the Hero of 35% of this country, unfortunately.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2023, 12:18:39 am »
But, she became the governor, and then she called me when she had a big problem: Running against a very wealthy man. He was way up in the polls, and he was going to win. I came, did a big rally and endorsement of her, fought like hell and she ended up winning, right?
This isn't true and he knows it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2023, 12:31:56 am »
   Same $hit he pulls with imagining he pulled DeSantis's balls out of the Fire. 
   They both won BIGLY when Trump didn't Endorse them, the next election cycle. 
   But that fact seems to be lost on the Trumpers.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2023, 12:55:48 am »
   He's spent more $$$$ attacking Conservative Govenor's (our only Future), than he has spent against bidet and NOTHING on defending his record. 
   This is the Hero of 35% of this country, unfortunately.

Attacking conservative governors -- that should be a huge problem with ALL conservatives.  ]

Newsflash:  It is becoming more and more obvious that Trump is not a conservative.  He seems to be leaning more to the left than anyone should feel comfortable with.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2023, 04:58:14 am »
   Same $hit he pulls with imagining he pulled DeSantis's balls out of the Fire. 
   They both won BIGLY when Trump didn't Endorse them, the next election cycle. 
   But that fact seems to be lost on the Trumpers.

And if she runs again, she will win again handily.

Still amazes me how Trump thinks he can wave his hand and dictate Iowa politics. Or anyone else from the East or West coast for that matter. Strong delusions if anyone thinks that.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2023, 05:53:14 am »
And if she runs again, she will win again handily.

Still amazes me how Trump thinks he can wave his hand and dictate Iowa politics. Or anyone else from the East or West coast for that matter. Strong delusions if anyone thinks that.

In fact he may be in for a surprise... IIRC, Cruz was a dark horse in IA.... I don't believe anyone thought he would do well, especially standing against Big Ag on subsidies... and he totally walked away with it once actual Iowans went to the polls.