Author Topic: American universities an existential threat  (Read 206 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
American universities an existential threat
« on: December 02, 2023, 04:34:44 pm »
December 2, 2023
American universities an existential threat
By Eric Utter

America’s “institutions of higher learning” could not be of lower character. Nor could they be less effective in preparing young people for the real world. The examples are legion, ubiquitous.

A professor at Washington University in St. Louis recently praised pro-Palestinian protesters who vandalized a Jewish leader’s home on Thanksgiving morning, and described the smoke bombs and paint damage as “pretty cool.” Heather Hackman, consultant at a recent University of Oklahoma race workshop, says “making sure you’re not tardy” is simply part of “the racial narrative of white.” So, being on time is white supremacy. Furthermore, Hackman claims individualism, honesty, discipline, and rigor are other traits indicative of white privilege and/or supremacy. In other words, being competent and respectful isn’t cool. Integrity and character are racist. Ms. Hackman is on record telling educators that if they don’t plan on promoting social justice in the classroom, they shouldn’t go into teaching.

Some “educators” believe that there is no such thing as free will. Others believe that certain words are violence and therefore should be prevented or punished, but that violence to further causes in which they believe is free speech and therefore protected by the First Amendment.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/12/american_universities_an_existential_threat.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson