Author Topic: Anduril reveals Roadrunner drone, mum on first US customer  (Read 197 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Anduril reveals Roadrunner drone, mum on first US customer
« on: December 02, 2023, 04:07:57 pm »
By Courtney Albon
 Dec 1, 12:01 AM

Anduril Industries revealed its new Roadrunner drone Dec. 1. The reusable air vehicle can carry a range of payloads and its munitions variant is designed to rapidly identify, track and disable threats. (Anduril)

WASHINGTON — Anduril Industries unveiled its latest autonomous system, Roadrunner — a reusable aircraft that can carry a range of payloads, takeoff vertically and intercept and destroy airborne threats.

The California-based technology firm revealed two variants of the system Dec. 1. The baseline Roadrunner can quickly launch and fly at high subsonic speeds and its payloads can be reconfigured for a variety of missions.

Roadrunner-M is a munitions version of the system designed to protect against uncrewed aerial system threats. The company says the vehicle can rapidly locate, track and disable adversary systems and its interceptors can be recovered, refueled and reused if they’re not deployed.

https://www.defensenews.com/unmanned/2023/12/01/anduril-reveals-roadrunner-drone-mum-on-first-us-customer/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Anduril reveals Roadrunner drone, mum on first US customer
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 04:09:59 pm »

It has to be the FBI to help silence unwanted free speech. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson