Author Topic: Maryland Police Defiantly Enforce Strict Handgun Law Court Ruled Unconstitutional  (Read 362 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Maryland Police Defiantly Enforce Strict Handgun Law Court Ruled Unconstitutional
Story by Jack Davis  •
3h

Although a federal court was clear that Maryland’s handgun qualification law is an unconstitutional violation of the Second Amendment, it’s still being enforced.

In late November, a three-judge panel of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals struck down the law, noting that it failed the test imposed by the US. Supreme Court in its 2022 decision in New York State Rifle and Pistol Association vs. Bruen, according to Maryland Matters.

“Maryland’s handgun qualification law is … the most severe of anywhere in the country by far,” Mark Pennak, president of Maryland Shall Issue, a party to the lawsuit. “It is the most burdensome of any enacted anywhere.”

But it is still the law, because the decision gave the state time to file an appeal with the full Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals before making its will official, which will happen in about two weeks.
🚨 BREAKING: Democrat-run Maryland will continue to enforce a wide-reaching handgun licensing law, even after a federal appeals court ruled that it was unconstitutional.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/maryland-police-defiantly-enforce-strict-handgun-law-court-ruled-unconstitutional/ar-AA1kT1TO?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b5116508d45e4c18a77a48c88512fb9f&ei=43
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Just another example of scofflaw democrats at work. :facepalm2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline andy58-in-nh

How safe has Maryland's Draconian gun laws made the city of Baltimore?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Where would they be without those Draconian laws?  There would be no population left!  000hehehehe 
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not to mention PG county...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Deemed ineligible to carry because of the medical marijuana card.

My children laugh and scream when they tell me...."Yeah Pops...that's all we need...you are there carrying a loaded weapon...Jezzus NO!!"

happy77

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald