Author Topic: Trucker allegedly got $50 to smuggle half a ton of cocaine, documents show  (Read 209 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

BORDER CRIME
Trucker allegedly got $50 to smuggle half a ton of cocaine, documents show
by: Fernie Ortiz

Posted: Oct 17, 2023 / 06:03 PM CDT

Updated: Oct 17, 2023 / 06:03 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) — A trucker allegedly was paid a mere $50 to smuggle more than half a ton of cocaine from Mexico into the U.S., according to court documents.

Oswaldo Lopez-Escobar, a Mexican national in his early 40s, arrived in a tractor-trailer at the Mariposa Port of Entry shortly before noon on Oct. 4 in Nogales, Arizona.

During a secondary inspection, border officers ran the vehicle through a multi-energy portal and found anomalies in the trailer’s floor.

Woman tries to cross border with stolen SUV, drugs
A drug-sniffing dog then alerted border officers, who found 155 packages containing just under 1,300 pounds of cocaine. Officers also found about 13 pounds of ketamine, a dissociative anesthetic that has some hallucinogenic effects.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/trucker-allegedly-got-50-to-smuggle-half-a-ton-of-cocaine-documents-show/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trucker allegedly got $50 to smuggle half a ton of cocaine, documents show
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 03:27:13 pm »
lol...  boy needs some training in the concept of risk/reward.   :silly:

$50?  That might buy your family a meal at a fast food restaurant nowadays.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 03:28:01 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Trucker allegedly got $50 to smuggle half a ton of cocaine, documents show
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2023, 05:11:19 pm »
It for darn sure won't get him an hour's worth of an attorney's time. :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson