Author Topic: Arizona border crossing to close so CBP officers can help process migrants  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Arizona border crossing to close so CBP officers can help process migrants
by: Fernie Ortiz

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 / 02:03 PM CST

Updated: Dec 1, 2023 / 02:03 PM CST

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) — Operations at an Arizona border crossing will be suspended indefinitely as U.S. Customs and Border Protection reassigns officers to assist the Border Patrol with a rise in migrant encounters, the agency said Friday.

Starting Monday, the CBP Office of Field Operations will temporarily suspend operations at the Lukeville Port of Entry and surge all available resources to “expeditiously and safely” process migrants. 

CBP will suspend northbound and southbound pedestrian and vehicle traffic until further notice. The agency instructs travelers to use the Nogales Port of Entry in Nogales, Arizona, or the San Luis Port of Entry in San Luis, Arizona. 

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/arizona-border-crossing-to-close-so-cbp-officers-can-help-process-migrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson