Author Topic: Poll: Strong Majority of Floridians Support Proposed Abortion Ballot Measure  (Read 952 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Strong Majority of Floridians Support Proposed Abortion Ballot Measure

Katherine Hamilton 1 Dec 2023

More than six in ten registered Florida voters would support a ballot measure codifying the “right” to abortion into the state Constitution, a new poll found.

Floridians Protecting Freedom — a coalition of left-wing groups, including Planned Parenthood and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Florida — is sponsoring an abortion ballot initiative for 2024. The language of the initiative states: “Except as provided in Article X, Section 22, no law shall prohibit, penalize, delay, or restrict abortion before viability or when necessary to protect the patient’s health, as determined by the patient’s healthcare provider.” The cited provision allows the state legislature to require parental notification before a minor has an abortion, with the option of a child asking a judge to grant permission.

A poll conducted by the University of North Florida’s Public Opinion Research Lab (PORL) between November 6 and November 26 with 716 registered voters and a margin of sampling error of ±4.37 percentage points found that 62 percent of respondents support the proposed amendment. Twenty-nine percent say they would vote against the measure, and nine percent either do not know or refuse to answer.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) notably signed a six-week abortion limit in April 2023, replacing the state’s previous 15-week limit. The law makes exceptions for the woman’s life or health and in cases of rape and incest under certain conditions.
The 15-week limit is currently on hold while the Florida Supreme Court determines if it is constitutional. The six-week limit will go into effect if the high court upholds the 15-week limit.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/12/01/poll-strong-majority-of-floridians-support-proposed-abortion-ballot-measure/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

We'll see what happens.  :bkmk:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm pro-life, but enough of pragmatist to know that this one issue sunk us in 2022, and it might happen again in 2024.

In 2022, almost every dim ad screamed womens rights 24/7.  We can not let them control the narrative again, or we are in for another 4 years of Pedo Joe, Greazy Sleazy Newsom, or Mooch.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A Fishrrman absolutely 100% fearless prediction:
This will pass with as big a margin -- or BIGGER -- than the one that just passed in Ohio.

Once again:
When the Supreme Court decided Dobbs, the decision did not benefit those on the right -- au contraire, it has become a bludgeon for the leftist/communists, who will henceforth swing it with as much force as possible, at every opportunity they can muster.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 11:17:12 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline libertybele

I'm pro-life, but enough of pragmatist to know that this one issue sunk us in 2022, and it might happen again in 2024.

In 2022, almost every dim ad screamed womens rights 24/7.  We can not let them control the narrative again, or we are in for another 4 years of Pedo Joe, Greazy Sleazy Newsom, or Mooch.

Sunk us? What sunk us is a stolen election and SCOTUS shirking their duties.

This issue was returned to the states where it rightfully belongs and that's what needs to be conveyed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

These abortion ballot initiatives will be in more states in 2024.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sunk us? What sunk us is a stolen election and SCOTUS shirking their duties.

This issue was returned to the states where it rightfully belongs and that's what needs to be conveyed.

Each 2022 house race was stolen that prevented the expected Red Wave?

Not arguing the merit, I agree.  It's just that the dims were effective in winning elections by making GOP candidates Anti-Women on that issue.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 03:44:37 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.