Author Topic: Toyota unveils $10,000 pickup truck  (Read 1612 times)

Offline mountaineer

Toyota unveils $10,000 pickup truck
« on: December 01, 2023, 08:39:04 pm »
Toyota unveils $10,000 pickup truck
by SBG San Antonio | Justin Kraiza
November 15th 2023, 7:57 PM EST
Toyota has now released an affordable truck called the Toyota IMV 0. The newly developed vehicle made in Thailand comes with a rear-wheel drive and a gasoline 2.0-liter inline-four matched to a 5-speed manual transmission.

The rugged pickup model of the Toyota IMV 0 features an extended cabin, rugged tires, an off-road bumper equipped with an LED bar and recovery points, and a roof rack for carrying heavy equipment. ...

The vehicle is primarily aimed at Southeast Asian markets, South Africa, and Australia, addressing the demand for compact and adaptable commercial vehicles. ...
More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Toyota unveils $10,000 pickup truck
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 08:57:27 pm »
That would interest me.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 09:06:16 pm »
With people trying to afford a vehicle, maybe they'll bring it to the U.S. as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 09:06:54 pm »
It would sell like hotcakes in America.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 09:09:43 pm »
It would sell like hotcakes in America.

I tend to agree -- not much to look at, but functional and a good price point.  A new vehicle to get from point A to point B - with the ability to do some hauling -- not bad.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 09:33:40 pm »
I tend to agree -- not much to look at, but functional and a good price point.  A new vehicle to get from point A to point B - with the ability to do some hauling -- not bad.

I agree. I drive a pick up for many reasons. Easier to see out of, at night the oncoming lights don't blind you, easier to get in/out of, the ability to haul stuff if needed and the resale is better.

At that price they would make out like a bandit. If one isn't needing a work vehicle...like a plumber, HVAC repairman, etc this could be a good alternative.

I bought my p/u in 2015. Chevy and Ford were so proud of themselves, I bought a Honda Ridgeline. For my purposes, it's perfect. And very comfortable. That being said, if I had a spare $300,000 laying around, I'd buy a Bentely. As a spare, lolo.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2023, 11:16:32 pm »
I agree. With that little engine, it doesn't have a lot of power, but for those not hauling motorhomes or horse trailers around, it would be appealing.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2023, 05:57:30 am »

I agree. I drive a pick up for many reasons. Easier to see out of, at night the oncoming lights don't blind you, easier to get in/out of, the ability to haul stuff if needed and the resale is better.

At that price they would make out like a bandit. If one isn't needing a work vehicle...like a plumber, HVAC repairman, etc this could be a good alternative.

I bought my p/u in 2015. Chevy and Ford were so proud of themselves, I bought a Honda Ridgeline. For my purposes, it's perfect. And very comfortable. That being said, if I had a spare $300,000 laying around, I'd buy a Bentely. As a spare, lolo.
Get an older model with a throttle linkage of some sort.  J/s
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2023, 02:10:28 pm »
Not wanting to throw cold water on what might be a great price point for a truck, but back in the mid 1980's I bought a GMC S-15 Blazer. 2.8l, V6

It was cheap as all get out, under $10K if I remember, but......  I failed to do a decent test drive, and bought the sucker after just riding around the parking lot, and a block around a residential street. 

Well the thing had a petulance to pinging, and couldn't go over 60 mph with the accelerater floored.  Not the best vehicle to have when trying to enter an entrance ramp on a freeway in Houston.  So beware if it makes it here, and understand also how the truck might perform with a load.

And on the point of pinging?  I used 93 Octane gas continuously as suggested by the mechanic, and was told that it was a design flaw (No shit!!).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 02:12:31 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2023, 02:35:19 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2023, 02:46:15 pm »

I have a couple of UTVs that we use around the place that each cost me more than that little Toyota and they are not road legal.

My personal truck is a 2007 RAM 3500 diesel loaded with everything they could put on one at the time. I paid $26K for it.  That same truck today, well over $100K.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2023, 06:41:59 pm »
I have a couple of UTVs that we use around the place that each cost me more than that little Toyota and they are not road legal.

My personal truck is a 2007 RAM 3500 diesel loaded with everything they could put on one at the time. I paid $26K for it.  That same truck today, well over $100K.

Pre DEF, too!

(All my vehicles are 20th century, gasoline).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2023, 06:49:10 pm »
Pre DEF, too!

:yowsa: and it gets over 20mpg unless I'm pulling a big load.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2023, 07:57:02 pm »
I have hopes Stellantis with sell the Dodge Rampage next year here in the States. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2023, 09:13:20 pm »

I don't get that whole UTV/quad thing.... I mean, I DO get it, but for what they cost, I just can't see it. You can buy an old Yoda or Datsun pickup for nothing, and not only will it dang near have the same turning radius, and just as much go, it will haul way more.

Take the doors off and drive that around... The cows won't care...

My personal truck is a 2007 RAM 3500 diesel loaded with everything they could put on one at the time. I paid $26K for it.  That same truck today, well over $100K.[/size]

I would NEVER lay down that kind of money for a pickup.

Somewhere between 500 and 2500.... for a 3/4T 4x4... go through it a little at a time ... suspension, brakes, water system etc... Jack it up... lift kit, big tires, upgrade the motor... I don't think I have ever had 10 grand in a pickup in my life.

Not cussin you about any of it, that ain't what I mean to do.  :beer:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2023, 09:25:44 pm »
I have hopes Stellantis with sell the Dodge Rampage next year here in the States.
Brazil and Argentina only, apparently. How strange. It's a nice looking truck.

I really hate that the automakers don't offer small, stripped down pickups anymore. A couple years ago, we bought a used 2019 Chevy Colorado - as basic a truck as could be found - and it's still so much larger and (IMHO) bulkier than the Colorados, Rangers and Dakotas from just a few years prior. I don't want Bluetooth, touch screens and all that computerized crap. And while I'm ranting, they should offer manual transmission.

Whew. I'll just sit down now. Get off my lawn!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2023, 09:35:39 pm »
Not wanting to throw cold water on what might be a great price point for a truck, but back in the mid 1980's I bought a GMC S-15 Blazer. 2.8l, V6

It was cheap as all get out, under $10K if I remember, but......

I get that, but hold on now...

One of the things I have been whining about on this issue... It used to be that the cars came rather plain, and one relied upon the aftermarket to add on the various bits and pieces !YOU! want to make it your own... To make it do what you needed it to do.

I can't even begin to quantify how many radios I have installed in cars for myself and others... surely in the hundreds...
Likewise, Every truck I drive gets lift and big tires for to make it worthy of the mountains. Block, sump, and radiator heaters, and covered wipers to make it worthy for northern cold... Often a compass... Always a trailer hitch, both in the front and back. Big cowcatcher, ladder rack... Maybe bucket seats...

I've an old 98 minivan out back, that is likely to be my first project if I get my legs back to proper... I have often thought to install a head unit in that rig - And now I am sure to do it. The point being that it was sold without all that... and I get to pick and choose the head unit I want - one highly optimized to my liking. And yeah... It will take a half a day to install, and I might learn a new cuss word or two... That's all part of it.

See, now they come with all the stuff baked in. I don't know how the aftermarket even survives. And there's a ton of shit built in that I will never use... butt-warmers... LOL! I got one of those myself... came stock on my body.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2023, 10:51:46 pm »
I don't get that whole UTV/quad thing.... I mean, I DO get it, but for what they cost, I just can't see it. You can buy an old Yoda or Datsun pickup for nothing, and not only will it dang near have the same turning radius, and just as much go, it will haul way more.

Too many with the same idea around here. Those cannot be found in this territory and if one does pop up the mudder crowd will snap it up instantly.

Somewhere between 500 and 2500.... for a 3/4T 4x4... go through it a little at a time ... suspension, brakes, water system etc... Jack it up... lift kit, big tires, upgrade the motor... I don't think I have ever had 10 grand in a pickup in my life.

I'm old and wore out and just HAD to have those butt warmers!  :laugh:

I know!  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2023, 10:52:12 pm »
RE:
"Brazil and Argentina only, apparently. How strange. It's a nice looking truck."

I'm wondering...
- what kind of emissions equipment does it have?
- what kind of passenger safety equipment (such as air bags) does it have?
- what about things like traction control, etc.?
- what kind of rust protection does it have?
- how much of what we normally expect on a vehicle (here) has been "left off"?

I reckon if Toyota "re-worked" the design to be compatible and legal with the USA market, the price would probably rise at to at least $20,000 ...

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2023, 11:06:02 pm »

I'd leave the doors on, because , well, winter. (and the highway patrol can have fits from time to time).

My last pickup cost $800.00 Old Dodge 1/2 ton, manual, slant 6, does fine on ice in granny gear taking off, not fancy but I have been approached by a few folks who were interested in it. Does what I need to do. No lift kits, and the monster tires are for the FJ 40 with the 327 in it. (that one cost me big bucks 41 years ago, I paid 2500 for it).

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2023, 11:12:44 pm »
RE:
"Brazil and Argentina only, apparently. How strange. It's a nice looking truck."

I'm wondering...
- what kind of emissions equipment does it have?
- what kind of passenger safety equipment (such as air bags) does it have?
- what about things like traction control, etc.?
- what kind of rust protection does it have?
- how much of what we normally expect on a vehicle (here) has been "left off"?

I reckon if Toyota "re-worked" the design to be compatible and legal with the USA market, the price would probably rise at to at least $20,000 ...
Tailpipe. All else is optional, imho.
Lap belt, and no loose nut behind the wheel.
Pay attention to the road. DIY on the traction control.
Live some place they don't use road salt,wash it promptly if you go somewhere they do.
I want 4 wheels with tires, engine, transmission, gauges, decent steering and decent brakes. Add a cabin the wind doesn't blow through and a heater that will keep the windows clear in the winter. Lights good enough I don't get ignored in the dark. Oh--and windshield wipers.  :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2023, 11:32:09 pm »
Too many with the same idea around here. Those cannot be found in this territory and if one does pop up the mudder crowd will snap it up instantly.

Right... Here too... But the same can be said for side-by-sides/UTVs.... They are hen's teeth. The only way you find a used one cheap is when they have been mortally stacked up and need major repair. But they are a motorcycle for all intensive porpoises, and fixing them is prohibitively insane in cost.

As for four-wheelers, I'd much prefer a horse. Not that I can get on one (or either) anymore, but jussayin.

I'm old and wore out and just HAD to have those butt warmers!  :laugh:

Not me man.... My seats are warmed, fueled by chili, and my farter is as good as ever!  :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2023, 11:45:54 pm »
I'd leave the doors on, because , well, winter. (and the highway patrol can have fits from time to time).My last pickup cost $800.00 Old Dodge 1/2 ton, manual, slant 6, does fine on ice in granny gear taking off, not fancy but I have been approached by a few folks who were interested in it. Does what I need to do. No lift kits, and the monster tires are for the FJ 40 with the 327 in it. (that one cost me big bucks 41 years ago, I paid 2500 for it).

Well, yeah, you put the doors back on in the winter, just like they do with UTVs... But the redneck Jeep is a time-honored tradition... and the cops have naught to say about it if your side mirror is still there.

As to the lift kit and big tires... surprises me y'all don't go that way.... Put a truck up on 37s... pizza cutters in the winter, studded and siped... that'll change your world getting through drifts and deep snow... In the summer I run fattys 12 to 15 wide, for mud and creek crossing, but mostly to smooth out the ride on bumpy mountain roads....

But the lift - just necessary both for mountain climbing and for deep snow.

Crazy me.... I have been hot to burn up that 12v cummins of mine... I found a 69 Ford High Boy 1T. That may be the next for me, if I can get back to where I can physically do it. That'll be weird. I have been behind the wheel of a Chevy all my life.  happy77

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2023, 11:51:08 pm »
Here, you're better off with a narrow high profile tire. The snow is generally powdery, and as long as you don't get high centered, you do fine. The problem with the wide ones here, is that's a lot of float, and sometimes that isn't a plus...and either isn't worth much on black ice, but the skinnier tires are easier to chain up. YMMV. I have never run studs, but I have some wicked chains.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2023, 11:59:08 pm »
Tailpipe. All else is optional, imho.

Yep other than the PCV valve.... that makes sense, to burn off the oil. Likewise an afterburner in the exhaust would make some sense. But saw the rest of that emissions crap off and throw it over your shoulder... Amazing how much better that thing will run.

Lap belt, and no loose nut behind the wheel.

No belt... Around here you need to be free of the vehicle if you fall off the road. Fumbling for the belt is often a deal breaker.

Pay attention to the road. DIY on the traction control.

Yep. Traction control is Detroit lockers  :laugh:

Live some place they don't use road salt,wash it promptly if you go somewhere they do.

They started using salt here now, in town.

I want 4 wheels with tires, engine, transmission, gauges, decent steering and decent brakes. Add a cabin the wind doesn't blow through and a heater that will keep the windows clear in the winter. Lights good enough I don't get ignored in the dark. Oh--and windshield wipers.  :shrug:

Yep... Though I disagree with 'lights good enough'... That's alright - The difference between you and me is what the aftermarket is for... Landing lights for me. and lit up like a Christmas tree when I want  happy77