Author Topic: ‘Everyone’s Concerned’: Harvard Is Worried About Losing More Longtime Donors After Response To Hamas  (Read 321 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Everyone’s Concerned’: Harvard Is Worried About Losing More Longtime Donors After Response To Hamas Attack

BRANDON POULTER
CONTRIBUTOR
November 30, 2023
11:55 AM ET
FONT SIZE:

Harvard University is concerned about losing more donors after its response to the Israel-Hamas conflict, according to The Harvard Crimson.

Many donors publicly cut ties with Harvard and condemned the university following its response to the Oct. 7 Hamas terrorist attacks on Israel that killed over 1,400 people. Harvard gift officers, who maintain relationships with donors, are worried that the administration’s response to the conflict and to concerns about antisemitism on campus may result in more donors fleeing, according to the Crimson, the student-run newspaper. (RELATED: Harvard President Unveils Effort To Combat Antisemitism After Taking Fire Over Response To Hamas Attacks)

“I have talked to people in the administration of the University and I know they’re concerned. Everyone’s concerned about it,” Kenneth G. Lipper, a former member of the Executive Committee of the Committee of University Resources, which consists of people who’ve donated at least $1 million to the elite school, told the Crimson.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/11/30/harvard-worried-losing-donors-israel-hamas-claudine-gay/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Remember when college was supposed to be about the pursuit of knowledge and truth?

Now, they are nothing more than woke diploma rackets.

////00000////

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSDWq6HsJE&t=31s
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 07:29:29 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

Abigail Shrier
@AbigailShrier
This by @BillAckman is so admirable. He excoriates Harvard for unlawful discrimination against Jews, Asians, Indians, and -  notably - straight, white males. He's embarrassed it took him so long to take such discrimination seriously, but now he's engaged.
Dismantle DEI.
12:00 AM · Dec 4, 2023

https://twitter.com/BillAckman/status/1731532031048245631
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When you so publicly crap in your mess kit, don't be surprised when supper is unappetizing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis