Author Topic: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Signs Law Essentially Banning Fossil Fuel Use by 2040  (Read 486 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by  Leslie Eastman November 30, 2023

The “Clean Energy and Jobs Act” relies on technology that has not been developed and converting vast swaths of Michigan’s beautiful woodlands to solar and wind farms.

Being from Michigan, I was always aware of how important the automotive industry was to that state. However, its governor seems to have forgotten that cars require reliable sources of reasonably priced energy to run.

Therefore, I found it very disturbing that she has signed an order that essentially bans the use of still very legal fossil fuels as of 2040 in an ill-considered piece of legislation: The Orwellian-named “Clean Energy and Jobs Act.”

The Clean Energy and Jobs Act includes several bills that would improve state energy efficiency requirements and streamline permitting processes for solar and wind projects. It would also mandate that state utilities shift 100% of electricity sales to clean energy sources by 2040.

Michigan has recently seen a boost in sustainable work, with an estimated 5% growth in clean energy and transportation jobs last year. Whitmer said the state’s new clean energy package will add over 160,000 more clean jobs to Michigan’s expanding green economy.

“We will make American energy with American workers earning family-sustaining wages,” Whitmer said before signing the bills into law in Detroit on Tuesday.

The legislation relies on technology not fully developed or otherwise successfully deployed at any energy generation plant.

Senate Bill 271, one of the bills included in the package, establishes a renewable energy standard of 50% by 2030 and 60% by 2035, meaning electric utilities meet at least that share of their electric generation capacity with renewable energy credits or direct renewable energy generation. That mandate supersedes previous laws requiring utilities to achieve a 15% renewable energy standard through 2029.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/11/michigan-gov-gretchen-whitmer-signs-law-essentially-banning-fossil-fuel-use-by-2040/

Online mountaineer

Good luck with all that. What a nitwit.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Good luck with all that. What a nitwit.

I am sure it doesn't get cold in Michigan, enjoy not having natural gas up there November through April.  :thud:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Here’s what will happen

As they get close to these target dates, and find out their fantasies don’t match the reality the government extends out the dates

But in the meantime, they vilify the energy industry
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 05:48:08 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

I am sure it doesn't get cold in Michigan, enjoy not having natural gas up there November through April.  :thud:

I'd be quickly installing a very good wood burning stove; though wood will be at a very high premium unless you are able to cut and stock your own.

Electric stoves and electric back up heat will be extremely expensive to run.
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Here’s what will happen

As they get close to these target dates, and find out their fantasies don’t match the reality the government extends out the dates

But in the meantime, they vilify the energy industry

With sad trepidation, I am watching, and expecting massive deaths of people on highways, homes, and places of employment when the meat of the enviro-whacko agenda starts being implemented in earnest.  Cold climes will be worst hit.

Don't say you all haven't been warned.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Future standing headline ...

Michigan Pols Perplexed by Exodus from State
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline berdie

Note to self: Don't go to Michigan in the winter.

Offline libertybele

Note to self: Don't go to Michigan in the winter.

We left MI over 30 years ago and have been back twice - both times for weddings.  The winters are miserable; cold, overcast, slushy and icy at times and we'd never move back.  If I were to move back to a colder climate -- I'd opt for CO, MT or WY.
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.