Author Topic: Army vet, 94, kicked out of NYC nursing home to make room for migrants  (Read 178 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army vet, 94, kicked out of NYC nursing home to make room for migrants
By Social Links forMelissa Koenig
Published Nov. 30, 2023, 9:49 a.m. ET

A 94-year-old US Army veteran is blasting his Staten Island assisted living home for kicking him out to make room for migrants — saying it’s “not fair” that he was sent packing.

Frank Tammaro was given less than two months’ notice that he and 53 other seniors would have to move out of Island Shores Residences in March, and had to make other living arrangements.

“I felt horrible,” Tammaro, a lifelong New Yorker, told Fox News. “It’s no joke getting thrown out of a house.”

He then moved into another facility, but after he fell, he and his daughter Barbara Annunziata decided it would be best for him to move in with her and her children.

It was in her care that the family discovered that Island Shores was being converted into migrant housing — and would not reopen as another assisted living facility as they were promised.

https://nypost.com/2023/11/30/news/army-vet-kicked-out-of-nyc-nursing-home-to-make-room-for-migrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson