Author Topic: US Navy detains 5 people who attacked tanker near Yemen  (Read 279 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Navy detains 5 people who attacked tanker near Yemen
« on: November 30, 2023, 06:39:09 pm »
US Navy detains 5 people who attacked tanker near Yemen

FEATUREDWIB SEA November 27, 2023 Staff Writer

Cairo — The US Navy detained five people who attacked a tanker in the Gulf of Aden, the US military said on Monday, adding that the vessel and its crew are safe.

A US Navy ship responded to a distress call on Sunday from the Central Park, a commercial tanker sailing under the flag of Liberia. The ship is managed by Zodiac maritime company, which is owned by an Israeli businessman.

When the US vessel arrived, five armed individuals attempted to flee via their small boat, but were pursued until they surrendered, US Central Command said in a statement.

In the early hours of Monday, two ballistic missiles were fired from Houthi-controlled areas in Yemen towards the two vessels location. The missiles landed approximately 10 nautical miles from the ships. There were no damage or injuries reported.

https://warisboring.com/us-navy-detains-5-people-who-attacked-tanker-near-yemen/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Navy detains 5 people who attacked tanker near Yemen
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 06:40:47 pm »
Detained.  That's good.  You certainly wouldn't want to capture them for attempted piracy! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: US Navy detains 5 people who attacked tanker near Yemen
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 08:53:30 pm »
Yes, 'DETAIN' them!