Author Topic: US suspends, reduces vehicle processing along southern border at select Texas and Arizona ports of e  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

US suspends, reduces vehicle processing along southern border at select Texas and Arizona ports of entry
Vehicle processing suspended at Eagle Pass International Bridge in Texas, and reduced in Lukeville, Arizona
Greg Wehner By Greg Wehner , Bill Melugin Fox News
Published November 27, 2023 4:20pm EST

Video shows overcrowding at a border patrol processing facility in Eagle Pass, Texas
As droves of migrants continue to cross into the U.S. illegally, processing Border Patrol processing facilities become overcrowded, like one in Eagle Pass, Texas. Credit: Rep. Tony Gonzales (Texas-23)

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced on Monday that it will temporarily suspend and reduce vehicle processing at ports of entry in Texas and Arizona, in response to a surge in migrant encounters along the southern border.

In a statement from the CBP, the agency said beginning at 3 p.m. local time, vehicle processing operations at Eagle Pass International Bridge 1 in Eagle Pass, Texas will be temporarily suspended, and at 2 p.m. local time, vehicle processing will be reduced in Lukeville, Arizona.

The actions are being taken to allow CBP to redirect personnel to assist the U.S. Border Patrol with taking migrants into custody.

US-Mexico border crossing
An officer directs traffic at the Eagle Pass International Bridge 1 in Eagle Pass, Texas, US, on Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2022. Texas Republicans success in winning over Latinos seemed to stall this election cycle, with the GOP losing two of three US Congressional seats in heavily-Hispanic South Texas and Governor Greg Abbott seeing a drop in support among the fast-growing demographic. (Sergio Flores/Bloomberg via Getty Images)

"In response to this influx in encounters, we will continue to surge all available resources to expeditiously and safely process migrants," the statement read. "We will maximize consequences against those without a legal basis to remain in the United States. CBP will continue to prioritize our border security mission as necessary in response to this evolving situation."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-suspends-reduces-vehicle-processing-southern-border-select-texas-arizona-ports-entry
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson