Author Topic: U.S. Economy Grew a Blistering 5.2% in Third Quarter  (Read 386 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
U.S. Economy Grew a Blistering 5.2% in Third Quarter
« on: November 29, 2023, 07:24:46 pm »
John Carney 29 Nov 2023

The U.S. economy grew at a blistering 5.2 percent annual pace in the third quarter, the government said Wednesday.

This was faster than the previous estimate of 4.9 percent, which was much higher than anticipated. Excluding the rebound from the pandemic, this is the fastest pace of growth in a decade.

The upward revision reflects an increase in government spending and business investment. Consumer spending was revised down as were exports.

This is the government’s second estimate of gross domestic product, the official government scorecard for the economy. In the second quarter, the government grew at a 2.1 percent annual rate.

Household spending rose at a 3.6 percent pace, down from the original estimate of 4 percent. Consumer spending has been surprisingly robust despite surveys showing consumer sentiment about the economy in the doldrums. Many economists think low levels of unemployment and excess savings left over from the pandemic are encouraging consumers to spend.

The personal saving rate was revised up to four percent from 3.8 percent. Disposable personal income grew 2.9 percent after an upward revision. Adjusted for inflation, real after-tax income rose 0.1 percent after a big upward revision of 1.1 percentage points.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/11/29/gdp-revised-2/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: U.S. Economy Grew a Blistering 5.2% in Third Quarter
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 07:28:44 pm »
Yet, people still see their standard of living eroding

But, if these stats continue, and people either see things as improving, or, at least not getting worse, Biden will be a shoe in next year

The GOP is in one big,hot, wet mess right now to counter Biden and the Democrats
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 07:30:58 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 07:41:24 pm »
Is that "growth" adjusted for inflation or just in raw dollars that are worth less than the beginning of the year. That "growth" also included government spending - spending that were dollars printed out of thin air.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 07:51:37 pm »
"Figures don't lie but liars sure can figure!"
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 07:53:32 pm »
Is that "growth" adjusted for inflation or just in raw dollars that are worth less than the beginning of the year. That "growth" also included government spending - spending that were dollars printed out of thin air.

Blue smoke and mirrors! 100%
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2023, 09:21:16 pm »
"Figures don't lie but liars sure can figure!"

And that's the truth!!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2023, 11:35:38 pm »
When do the adjusted for reality numbers come out, January?