Author Topic: UC Berkeley, Law School Sued Over ‘Unchecked’ Antisemitism  (Read 272 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UC Berkeley, Law School Sued Over ‘Unchecked’ Antisemitism
« on: November 29, 2023, 01:10:37 pm »

UC Berkeley, Law School Sued Over ‘Unchecked’ Antisemitism
Story by David Voreacos  •
16h

(Bloomberg) -- Two Jewish groups sued the University of California at Berkeley and its law school over the “longstanding, unchecked spread of antisemitism” they say has escalated since the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas on Israel.

UC Berkeley and the law school have “failed to confront, much less combat, the antisemitic environment their inaction has fostered,” according to the complaint. It was filed Tuesday in federal court in San Francisco by the Louis D. Brandeis Center and Jewish Americans for Fairness in Education, or JAFE.

At the law school, at least 23 student organizations have enacted policies to “discriminate against and exclude Jewish students, faculty and scholars,” the groups said. They claim the university’s leaders have flouted UC rules and US law and “enabled the normalization of anti-Jewish hatred on campus.”

Dan Mogulof, an assistant vice chancellor at Berkeley, said in a statement that the university “has long been committed to confronting antisemitism and to supporting the needs and interests of its Jewish students, faculty and staff.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/uc-berkeley-law-school-sued-over-unchecked-antisemitism/ar-AA1kGBo5?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=32fd633d74c14bf189533f4ed843cb9d&ei=61
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

Re: UC Berkeley, Law School Sued Over ‘Unchecked’ Antisemitism
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 06:38:46 pm »
Is there a substantial number of anti-Semites i.e. real Jew haters in left/liberal law schools across the country? Sure.
But for many of them that is mainly based on opposition to Israel. To be sure, many of the anti-Israel academics are Jewish themselves.
The big question: why the hatred for Israel? And why the support for viciously anti-Jewish, anti-Western Muslim countries that surround Israel? For me that's the big puzzler.
Without a doubt Israel is a far more tolerant, Western-style country than any of its Islamic neighbors. In fact, the Muslim countries, other than oil, contribute virtually nothing to the world except for intolerance, hatred of non-Muslims, and a desire to subject the world to Islamic tyranny.
They, the academics, all have to know that the Muslims were given a chance to create their own country at the founding of Israel. They chose instead to launch of war of annihilation to attempt to eradicate all the Jews.
So why they hatred for Israelis who just want to live in peace? There were a number of countries created by the U.N. in the Mideast after WWII. Why is Israel singled out for hatred?