Author Topic: INTERVIEW David Stockman: Trump's War on Capitalism ~ Video  (Read 666 times)

Online corbe

INTERVIEW David Stockman: Trump's War on Capitalism ~ Video
« on: November 28, 2023, 11:42:01 pm »
INTERVIEW David Stockman: Trump's War on Capitalism

David Knight

Published on 28 Nov 2023 / In News and Politics

Former Congressman and Director of OMB under Reagan, David Stockman.
What were the illusory foundations of "Peak Trump"? The disastrous fourth year was worse than most realize.
Did Trump make America Great Again or did he lay the foundation to turn America into a giant Hooverville?
By every metric but one, the Trump administration was a financial disaster and the Federal Reserve drove the getaway car (more like a train). The book is "Trump's War on Capitalism"

https://ugetube.com/watch/interview-david-stockman-trump-039-s-war-on-capitalism_qQrXPbevy9y7mZL.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

Re: INTERVIEW David Stockman: Trump's War on Capitalism ~ Video
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 12:05:05 am »
And MAGA is demanding more of the same...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 06:52:52 pm »
Not really much information in this little snippet.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 10:35:38 pm »
And MAGA is demanding more of the same...

This should be required viewing for MAGA's

But, if history is any guide, they'll just attack the source without disputing any of the points
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 08:54:57 pm »
This is a good read for the Election 2024 thread

Nothing being said here by Stockman is false
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2023, 02:47:08 pm »
As much as Stockman was part of the Reagan administration, and by associaton at OMB.  He was hardly as much as a fiscal hawk that than everyone thinks they realizes.

Fed Deficit when he became OMB director-  $907.7B October 1, 1981
Fed Deficit when he he quit OMB-  $2.1T after FY end 1985-1986

I know $1.2T sounds small then when now we are talking about dozens of Trillions of dollar in this ongoing shit storm.  But from a percentage basis, the national debt more than doubled during his tenure.  Sterling example when and where perception exceeds reality.

Kind of like saying Trump is a conservative 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2023, 06:06:38 am »
As much as Stockman was part of the Reagan administration, and by associaton at OMB.  He was hardly as much as a fiscal hawk that than everyone thinks they realizes.

Fed Deficit when he became OMB director-  $907.7B October 1, 1981
Fed Deficit when he he quit OMB-  $2.1T after FY end 1985-1986

I know $1.2T sounds small then when now we are talking about dozens of Trillions of dollar in this ongoing shit storm.  But from a percentage basis, the national debt more than doubled during his tenure.  Sterling example when and where perception exceeds reality.

Kind of like saying Trump is a conservative

A couple of things. The US was in serious stagflation when Reagan took office and that military spending collapsed the USSR. It was worth every penny.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2023, 07:09:53 am »
A couple of things. The US was in serious stagflation when Reagan took office and that military spending collapsed the USSR. It was worth every penny.

If it was an incremental increase I might agree.  But.......  double?  Stockman was not the fiscal hawk that was percieved.

I'm a numbers guy.  Figures don't lie. We will just have to agree to disagree.   :beer:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 07:11:48 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.