Author Topic: Watching Media Outlets Die.. Derek Hunter  (Read 328 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Watching Media Outlets Die.. Derek Hunter
« on: November 28, 2023, 03:53:45 pm »
Watching Media Outlets Die
Derek Hunter

Journalism is dead; the media is absolutely horrible and it can’t die fast enough. Thankfully, it is dying. Each year there are fewer newspapers and news websites out there, as the market speaks and people flee these left-wing propaganda machines and wither on the vine.

Don’t get me wrong, if these outlets did what they’re supposed to do – actually report the news honestly and without bias – I wouldn’t celebrate their demise. But they don’t, so to hell with them.

I find it difficult to not respond to various reporters announcing layoffs in their newsrooms with a resounding “learn to code” swipe, but I mostly succeed. It’s not about individual, awful reporters, most of the time (and they’re usually the last the be let go – looking at you, Taylor Lorenz), it about an industry so far removed from what it used to be that it’s unrecognizable.

Media is now an appendage of the Democratic National Committee. I’ll let you decide which appendage it is, but watching this clip from MSNBC’s Morning Joe clearly places it somewhere just below the equator on the human body.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2023/11/28/watching-media-outlets-die-n2631660
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Watching Media Outlets Die.. Derek Hunter
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 05:33:26 pm »
Is this where we are supposed to show sadness and remorse?  I'm with Hunter on this...I'm popping corn.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 06:00:37 pm »
Most media personalities could be replaced with parrots.  They are nothing more than self-important gossips and propaganda tools.

Nobody asks Who? What? Where? Why? How? anymore.  They just read what's spoonfed to them on the teleprompter.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 06:58:36 pm »
Most media personalities could be replaced with parrots.  They are nothing more than self-important gossips and propaganda tools.

Nobody asks Who? What? Where? Why? How? anymore.  They just read what's spoonfed to them on the teleprompter.

News readers are a target for AI.  Think of the cost savings legacy media could have if they did away with on-air talent.  Look what happened to thousands of Radio DJ when stations went to computers and voice tracking.  When introduced across these radio station empires, it allowed them to drastically reduce their air staffs. The very people that were the bridge to the listeners and advertisers were the first to go.   The difference with TV is no one really follows a news anchor these days.  We are long past the days of Cronkite, Jennings, Huntley/Brinkley and are in Maxx Headroom's domain!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 07:06:57 pm »

I believe that AI will be controlled by the gov't and the propaganda will be even more rampant and news even more untrustworthy.

I view AI as a very slippery slope and there is too much at stake; jobs and eventual take over of everything. Humans will have very little worth.

IIRC I read that  AI can already replicate itself and teach itself so there is no need for human programming; what could possibly go wrong??

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.