Author Topic: Biden admits prices ‘too high’ but blames sellers for 18% inflation  (Read 694 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden admits prices ‘too high’ but blames sellers for 18% inflation
By Social Links for Steven Nelson
Published Nov. 27, 2023, 5:24 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — President Biden acknowledged Monday that prices are still “too high” and argued that companies should lower them after an 18% jump in consumer costs since he took office.

“We know that prices are still too high for too many things — that times are still too tough for too many families,” the 81-year-old said near the White House.

“We’ve made progress, but we have more work to do,” Biden added. “Let me be clear to any corporation has not brought their prices back down, even as inflation has come down, even supply chains have been rebuilt: It’s time to stop the price gouging and give the American consumer a break.”

The prices of some goods, such as food products, are expected to decline in the coming months, but periods of general deflation are rare in US history.

Biden previously used his bully pulpit to try to pressure oil companies to take action to lower gas prices last year.

The president also attacked Republicans Monday, saying that they “want to go back to the bad old days when corporations looked around the world to find the cheapest labor they could find, just to send the jobs overseas and then import the products back to the United States” — despite opposition to outsourcing being a signature issue for former President Donald Trump.

“Now we’re building the products here and exporting products overseas,” Biden continued. “We’re not importing [sic] jobs. Folks, we’re not importing anything other than what we make.”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/11/27/news/biden-says-prices-too-high-asks-sellers-to-lower-them/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden admits prices ‘too high’ but blames sellers for 18% inflation
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 12:00:32 am »
Well, at least he's now admitting inflation is a problem. That's step 1

But of course he misses the mark on who is responsible
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 12:33:14 am »

In a nutshell, HE is the problem. He is the worst president in history and I would even go as far to say that he is the, or at least an, anti-Christ; nothing he has done has proven otherwise.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 04:26:25 am »

Why is it that the next solution I expect to hear from Biden and his handlers is going to be price controls....that will teach those greedy sellers!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 04:28:23 am by GtHawk »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 05:04:51 am »
Most current inflation is structural inflation caused by anti-supply-side government policy.  You can't mine, build, or make anything in this country (or at least the Blue States) without Government policy obstructing your enterprise.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 06:30:30 am »
Were his lips moving?

You know what follows.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 10:56:06 pm »
Sellers?..   Hey pedo joe who just are these sellers?  Anyone with 1/10 of a brain, knows that based on manufacturing, supply chains, and consumer activity , everyone is a seller in some economic respect.

This man can not be that stupid.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2023, 12:15:51 am »
Sellers?..   Hey pedo joe who just are these sellers?  Anyone with 1/10 of a brain, knows that based on manufacturing, supply chains, and consumer activity , everyone is a seller in some economic respect.

This man can not be that stupid.

If Joe Biden were any stupider, you could use his brain for a doorstop.

But he has a talent, nonetheless for blaming the victims of his policies for acting rationally to avoid the consequences of his own actions.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn