Author Topic: Germany in ‘serious crisis’ – Bavarian leader  (Read 246 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Germany in ‘serious crisis’ – Bavarian leader
« on: November 26, 2023, 07:26:08 pm »
26 Nov, 2023 18:01

Germany in ‘serious crisis’ – Bavarian leader
Chancellor Olaf Scholz’s government is “completely helpless,” head of Bavaria Markus Soeder says

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz and his cabinet have led Germany into a “serious national crisis,” Markus Soeder, the prime minister of the nation’s most populous state, Bavaria, told journalists on Saturday. Berlin can now hardly find a way out of this predicament, the politician warned, adding that the government’s “budget emergency” would likely turn into another burden for ordinary Germans.

His words came as the federal government announced the lifting of energy-price controls by the end of the year. Limits on electricity and gas prices were introduced in 2022 to protect households and businesses from soaring prices of gas and electricity as Germany was actively slashing energy imports from Russia, along with many other EU nations. The measure was introduced in response to the outbreak of the conflict in Ukraine.

The brakes were to remain in place until at least March 2024, but Berlin had to change its plans after the German Constitutional Court blocked its attempt to transfer €60 billion ($66 billion) from the Covid-19 pandemic fund to other projects.

https://www.rt.com/news/588007-germany-serious-crisis-top-politician/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson