Author Topic: Navy opening more subs to women as new female officers double  (Read 166 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy opening more subs to women as new female officers double
« on: November 26, 2023, 05:51:29 pm »
By Megan Eckstein
 Tuesday, Nov 21

The Navy plans to expand the number of submarine crews that women can serve with, after doubling the number of female officers coming into the community in recent years, but not yet increasing the number of boats with gender-integrated crews.

Vice Adm. William Houston, the commander of Naval Submarine Forces, last month signed a “major revision” to the force’s gender integration plan that would allow females to serve in all submarine homeports.

San Diego will host integrated crews by the end of this year, with Guam following suit next year, Houston said Nov. 7 at the Naval Submarine League annual symposium.

That plan will increase the number of subs that female officers can serve on from 30 to 40 boats, he said.

The Navy has 69 boats: 51 attack subs and 18 Ohio-class ballistic missile and guided-missile submarines.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/11/21/navy-opening-more-subs-to-women-as-new-female-officers-double/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy opening more subs to women as new female officers double
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 05:53:11 pm »

They aren't white, are they?  That would go against the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs desire to see white officers as a minority. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson