Author Topic: Upwards of 2,500 NYPD officers turned in their badges in 2023 amid concerning trend  (Read 1038 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Upwards of 2,500 NYPD officers turned in their badges in 2023 amid concerning trend
November 25, 2023 | Kevin Haggerty

Budget cut-bolstered attrition set the Big Apple up for a “dramatic turn for the worse” as police officers have turned in their badges in staggering numbers.

A microcosm of the managed decline seen at the national level, New York City Mayor Eric Adams’ (D) succession to Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) in putting leftist agendas ahead of basic safety and operations measurably set the city back decades.

As resources were reallocated to accommodate the out-of-control influx of illegal aliens, disenchanted and disgruntled members of the NYPD continued resigning in droves, even as they were short of the requirements to receive full pensions, according to the NYPD pension data.

Reporting on the numbers through Oct. 31, 2023, the New York Post detailed that 2,516 officers had quit, “the fourth highest number in the past decade and 43% more than the 1,750 who hightailed it in 2018, before the pandemic and crime spikes hit the city.”

Of those, 1,040 were short of their 20 years of service for full pensions, a 104% increase from 2020, but down from the 1,524 the year prior.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/11/25/upwards-of-2500-nypd-officers-turned-in-their-badges-in-2023-amid-concerning-trend-1415141/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We were in NY last year visiting our son and his family in a city about 30 miles N or NYC.  We stopped into a restaurant for a snort and as it turned out, the mixologist was a former NYC cop.  She convinced us that the city was in deep trouble because of the quality of cop they were left to get.  You could tell she loved the job and would have still been on the force except for the politics.  So sad.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NYPD officers describe bleak state of affairs: ‘Cops are leaving’
Story by Cindy Adams  •
18h

Spreading the bad news
This week was Archbishop Timothy Cardinal Dolan’s annual Christmas party. Hilton Hotel ballroom. Jammed. More Catholics together than at the Pope’s Investiture.

Catholic school grad Rosanna Scotto — who has anchored Channel 5’s news show forever — introduced His Eminence Dolan as Cardinal O’Connor.

Embarrassed, she then said, “I’ll have to say extra Hail Marys tonight.”

Dolan followed her intro with: “Thank you, Barbara Walters.”

Elsewhere, from high-ranking NYPD officers:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/nypd-officers-describe-bleak-state-of-affairs-cops-are-leaving/ar-AA1li60s?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c156608441944314bf015ed7422a517f&ei=19
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What great news for democrats just before Christmas! :0012: :cheerlead: :dancer: :lubyou:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

How long before a production company resurects the Death Wish movie series?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NYPD in Crisis: Record-Breaking Resignations In Aftermath of BLM and Due to Poor Work Conditions
©Provided by The Stock Dork

The New York City Police Department (NYPD) is experiencing an unprecedented exodus, with a record number of officers resigning in the early months of 2023. This alarming trend, highlighted by Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch, signals a deepening staffing crisis within the NYPD.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/nypd-in-crisis-record-breaking-resignations-in-aftermath-of-blm-and-due-to-poor-work-conditions/ss-AA1lvbCZ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=52a13d29c50549b583b76853d761528d&ei=45
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What is the problem here?  This is exactly what democrats and rinos want from their defund the police movement! :beer:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

So, if you $h!t all over people who risk their lives to keep us safe, they'll have the audacity to walk away?  Who knew.

Those in power mistake the "subordinates" for their "hired help".  People have Free Will and can make choices.  Sometimes, "subordinates" choose to walk away.  Imagine that.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.